Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

P&J: Severin feels board may regret sacking

Severin feels board may regret sacking

former don plays pivotal role in win

By Michael Gannon

Published: 05/04/2010

SCOTT Severin condemned Aberdeen to a bottom half finish and the former Dons captain believes the Pittodrie board may regret the decision to sack Jimmy Calderwood last summer.

The Kilmarnock midfielder, who is on loan from Watford after rejecting a new contract at Pittodrie last summer, played a key role in the Ayrshire club's 2-0 victory at Rugby Park yesterday.

The result confirmed the Dons place in the bottom six with two games to the split and also boosted Killie's hopes of avoiding relegation.

Severin said: “They may regret it. It was the club's decision to make the change.

“They have had an up and down season. They had a couple of wins and then went on a run of games without a win.

“They have a decent squad of players and I think they can get it right next season, I hope they do.

“Aberdeen should be in the top six but there are other clubs who have done well this season. Motherwell are up there and no one would have expected St Johnstone to be up there. It has been an interesting season.

“We have to aim to overtake them now. We have six games and we still have to go to Pittodrie. The aim now is to catch them.â€

Severin got Killie on their way with the shot which Grassi turned into the Aberdeen net. He said: “I am claiming it. I swung my left peg at it and the Aberdeen player turned it in.â€

The victory was sweet for Calderwood. The scars from his departure from Aberdeen last summer have yet to heal and he will privately take great delight in condemning his former charges to the bottom half following five consecutive top six finishes during his tenure.

Publically, there was no jigs, however, and he said: “It is a massive disappointment for Aberdeen.

“It is ironic after five years of finishing in the top six we are the team who stopped them.

“That is football though.â€

The scars from his departure from Aberdeen last summer have yet to heal and he will privately take great delight in condemning his former charges to the bottom half following five consecutive top six finishes during his tenure.

Publically, there was no jigs, however, and he said: “It is a massive disappointment for Aberdeen.

“It is ironic after five years of finishing in the top six we are the team who stopped them.

“That is football though.â€

Crock of shit. Since leaving us, Calderwood has had nothing but praise for Aberdeen FC. Michael Gannon spouting his thoughts in a news article... excuse me mate, just stick to reporting the facts instead of reporting what you think people might be thinking. Unless you want to be an agony aunt. But then, Joey Harper's already got that gig sewn up.

Crock of shit. Since leaving us, Calderwood has had nothing but praise for Aberdeen FC.

No mutually exclusive things though are they?

Most players like scoring against former clubs so why would Calderwood not enjoy pumping AFC?

Seems quite reasonable to arrive at that conclusion particularly when he probably feels aggreived about getting the dunt anyway.