Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Zander Diamond injured - out for rest of season

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1666349

Aberdeen have suffered another injury after defender Zander Diamond was involved in a training ground accident.

Diamond, who has started in seven of the last eight games, took an accidental kick in the groin from Derek Young.

The 26-year-old has injured his boaby and boss Mark McGhee does not expect Diamond to make take any part in the rest of the season.

"It was a freak accident and the lads were taken aback by it," McGhee said.

"There was a lot of blood and I was convinced he'd broken his penis at first but when Darren Mackie took a closer look it seems he's severed his scrotum.

"I cannot see him being available for the rest of the season such was the severity but we will wait and see what the verdict is after he has been to hospital.

"It's a real shame for the lad because he has being doing a great job for us in recent weeks - especially with so many other players out injured. We are all keeping our fingers crossed for him that he makes a speedy recovery and is still able to have kids."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this. I'll go with the latter because he was the one leading the team and we need his drive. Not good news at all. What the hell did deek use to kick him in the balls that drew blood?! Knives?!

:lolabove:

Mizer, you've caught a big one!  Fish for tea!  :thumbsup:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this. I'll go with the latter because he was the one leading the team and we need his drive. Not good news at all. What the hell did deek use to kick him in the balls that drew blood?! Knives?!

:rofl:

big_fish.jpg

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this. I'll go with both. :lolabove:

:o , manc I'm ever so slightly inebriated and I knew April fool joke almost immediately!

You definitely made me smile  :thumbsup: