Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Discussion with the wife ....

Guest donindundonald

Guest donindundonald

I have an ongoing discussion with the wife.

Basically, its the "I dont understand why its so important to you" discussion about football our team.

I explained to her that its the ONLY decision I've made as a human being that i'd never able to change.

i.e. I can divorce her, sell the house or even disown the kids given the right reasons.

If I ever walked into the pub and said to my mates "hey guys I support Queen of the south now". It'd be seen as high treason and I'd probably have to find new friends / places to drink.

Does anyone agree / disagree?

I have an ongoing discussion with the wife.

Basically, its the "I dont understand why its so important to you" discussion about football our team.

I explained to her that its the ONLY decision I've made as a human being that i'd never able to change.

i.e. I can divorce her, sell the house or even disown the kids given the right reasons.

If I ever walked into the pub and said to my mates "hey guys I support Queen of the south now". It'd be seen as high treason and I'd probably have to find new friends / places to drink.

Does anyone agree / disagree?

Being from Dundonald it must have been quite a decision to make and taken  some amount of abuse growing up?

Well I suppose I have to agree as I am a singe person with no kids and fuck all else to live for.

But once I graduate uni and actually do something with my life I hope there are more important things than the football team I support.

Well I suppose I have to agree as I am a singe person with no kids and fuck all else to live for.

But once I graduate uni and actually do something with my life I hope there are more important things than the football team I support.

I don't think that's what the guy is saying. I think he is saying that you NEVER change your colours (team), which I totally agree with.

I don't think that's what the guy is saying. I think he is saying that you NEVER change your colours (team), which I totally agree with.

Yeah, I don't think its rocket science what the boy is saying, the worst thing about supporting Aberdeen at the current time is the feeling that age dependent we have another 60 years of this shite to watch. Its the feeling of belonging and the willing for success that makes football so much better a sport than golf/rugby and all those other shite sports.

Yeah, I don't think its rocket science what the boy is saying, the worst thing about supporting Aberdeen at the current time is the feeling that age dependent we have another 60 years of this shite to watch. Its the feeling of belonging and the willing for success that makes football so much better a sport than golf/rugby and all those other shite sports.

That's largely what my Relegation / Administration threads were about a week or so ago.  Although not entirely serious there was something in me that thought it would bring about some badly needed change.

Change that we won't see under Milne and a situation where he leads us forward on doesn't look like it will change anytime soon.

I'll always be a red but the games I don't have to turn up to, the commentary I can switch off and the tv I can turn over.

I can't not be a red though. Like the aids, it's in my blood.

That's largely what my Relegation / Administration threads were about a week or so ago.  Although not entirely serious there was something in me that thought it would bring about some badly needed change.

Change that we won't see under Milne and a situation where he leads us forward on doesn't look like it will change anytime soon.

I'll always be a red but the games I don't have to turn up to, the commentary I can switch off and the tv I can turn over.

I can't not be a red though. Like the aids, it's in my blood.

Prompts the question - is supporting Aberdeen the good aids or the bad aids??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFNs2mOkKzc

I agree ... you never change your colours.

Two weeks ago I said to myself "right, that's it. I've had enough of the Dons. I'm just not gonna bother with them anymore. Sick tae death of them depressing me with their shite jeckyll & hyde shite. Enough's enough. No more!"

Sure enough, Sunday morning (NZ time) I was checking the Aberdeen scores.