Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Kerr speaks

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1662025

ABERDEEN captain Mark Kerr is refusing to concede defeat while it is still mathematically possible to finish in the top six of the SPL.

The Dons need a minor miracle to avoid an embarrassing bottom-half finish for the first time since 2004.

With just four matches to the split, the Dons are eighth – nine points behind six-placed Hearts but with a game in hand.

Aberdeen meet St Mirren at Pittodrie on Saturday and need Hearts and St Johnstone above them to suffer dramatic collapses.

Kerr said: “St Mirren is a big game. It can take us closer to the top six. It’s a big ask with the way the points are just now. We’ve let ourselves down in the lead-up to this but there are four games to go before the split and it’s going to be a big challenge but we are well up for that.

“The feeling in the dressing-room is that we can still make it if we bag the 12 points that are still up for grabs before the split.â€

Before Aberdeen can even think about reaching the top six, they need to halt a miserable run. They have gone 11 matches without a victory.

Kerr believes the Dons answered some of their critics with the manner of their fightback from two goals down to salvage a 2-2 draw against Dundee United last weekend.

He said: “The spirit has been questioned a few times this season but games like last Saturday show there is a fight there and a determination to do well.â€

How they think they can win four games on the trot after going so long without one is beyond me! Actually I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe it either or give a fuck about it and it just saying it as he has been put in front of the press to hold a massive cut out of an egg.

width=249 height=212http://images1.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/21/ac/0,,10284~8694817,00.jpg[/img]

And if he thinks one draw can answer the critics he is well wrong. But it may be good enough in the changing room as a draw against Hamilton was heralded as a great result by McGhee a few weeks back.

Guest donindundonald

just shows how deluded these guys are.

We have hee haw chance of a top six finish with this lot playing the way they have been.

Not saying the fightback from 2-0 down wasnt good, but should we be accepting that two of the best results we could muster this year were a 4-4 draw with cellic and a 2-2 draw with Dundee utd?

Guest ally s

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1662025

How they think they can win four games on the trot after going so long without one is beyond me! Actually I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe it either or give a fuck about it and it just saying it as he has been put in front of the press to hold a massive cut out of an egg.

width=249 height=212http://images1.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/21/ac/0,,10284~8694817,00.jpg[/img]

And if he thinks one draw can answer the critics he is well wrong. But it may be good enough in the changing room as a draw against Hamilton was heralded as a great result by McGhee a few weeks back.

Any excuse eh?  Sad cunt.

So you think we can make the top 6? Was the draw last week a turning point?

Do you think Kerr has not been gutless, hiding and not doing much for his wages? I would say most people would whole heartedly agree with me and deserves to be vilified.

I'm sorry Ally S but whats your point caller? We are a joke club once again. What critics have the players answered? Aye, well done for not losing. Pat on the back, job done. I don't care if he's just said it for the sake of saying it, but fuck me, show it on the pitch, something he hasn't done ALL season. The season finished after Raith, we have pretty much no chance of making top 6 so I fail to see any positive light in this. They have all failed. Big time. :hammer:

Guest ally s

I'm sorry Ally S but whats your point caller?

We are a joke club once again.

Rubbish.  One poor season does not make the club a joke.

What critics have the players answered? Aye, well done for not losing. Pat on the back, job done.

The results this season have been pretty awful, I'm not denying that.  If we're talking about last Saturday specifically then I do think they deserve credit for digging in and coming back from 2-0 down.  I'm all for criticising the team when I think they've put in a half arsed performance, I'm also all for praising them when I think they deserve it.

I don't care if he's just said it for the sake of saying it, but fuck me, show it on the pitch, something he hasn't done ALL season.

All season? That I would argue with, I'll admit he hasn't shown anything like the same consistency as last season but he has had some very good games this season.  I think some of the criticism aimed at Kerr recently has been a bit OTT. 

The season finished after Raith, we have pretty much no chance of making top 6 so I fail to see any positive light in this. They have all failed. Big time. :hammer:

This season has been a failure, I agree.  Give MM time to build the team he wants, most folk realised when JC went that this season was going to be tough and one of "transition" ;D

Fair enough Ally S, very reasoned response, I don't necessarilly agree with it all, but thats what opinions are for :thumbsup:

I applauded the players for coming back from 2 goals down again, but I am more interested in how they follow that result up. Hopefully with a win, but thats what annoyed me. Kerr, whether or not he actually meant it/said it, claimed they answered some of their critics. One game does not change the way they've played all season. I have had some shit given to me from all my non Aberdeen mates for more than I can remember. We had credibility before this season. That has all but go with the circus that has surrounded our club this season. But as I said, lets hope the team can rally themselves, and find that all so crucial win on Saturday.

Fair enough Ally S, very reasoned response, I don't necessarilly agree with it all, but thats what opinions are for :thumbsup:

I applauded the players for coming back from 2 goals down again, but I am more interested in how they follow that result up. Hopefully with a win, but thats what annoyed me. Kerr, whether or not he actually meant it/said it, claimed they answered some of their critics. One game does not change the way they've played all season. I have had some shit given to me from all my non Aberdeen mates for more than I can remember. We had credibility before this season. That has all but go with the circus that has surrounded our club this season. But as I said, lets hope the team can rally themselves, and find that all so crucial win on Saturday.

I'd agree with this, for any of the players to believe that their critics have been answered because they salvaged something from two goals down is ridiculous. As McGhee himself has alluded to, we could win every game between now and the end of the season and it'd make little difference. Plenty of the squad have made their attitude abundantly clear over the last 9 months.

For whatever reason, not everyone at the club has been pulling in the same direction this season, and that's one of many things that needs sorted for the next campaign.