Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer cash safe even if Aberdeen FC don’t reach top six

McGhee says budget not affected

Published: 23/03/2010

IF ABERDEEN FC fail to make the SPL’s top six it won’t have an adverse affect on Mark McGhee’s transfer budget for the summer.

The club would lose out financially because SPL clubs receive a bonus of £77,000 for each position they reach.

Those who fail to finish in the top six also lose out on the extra revenue from another game against each of the Old Firm and see a drop in attendances over all.

But McGhee claimed that won’t change the sum that is at his disposal to make signings from the start of July.

McGhee said: “It’s my belief that it won’t have a direct influence on my budget for this particular transfer window.

“It may well have an influence further down the line if we don’t show an improvement, but hopefully that won’t be the case.

“The difference in money made between finishing sixth and seventh certainly isn’t going to make that much of a difference.

“The club won’t be any worse off because there is also a bonus scheme in place for the top six places and that won’t have to be paid. But it’s important we finish as high as possible to make sure we earn us much as we can for the club.â€

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today’s Evening Express or read our digital edition now

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1657396?UserKey=#ixzz0izwARxRx

I guess the moral of the story is that the square root of fuck all is no more than the square root of slightly less than fuck all  :hammer:

Again setting himself up for a fall if we don't sign folk...or if he's not expecting to be here in the summer he's setting the board up to look extra stingy (again).

Guest donindundonald

Nothing new in these claims, he'd get nothing to spend even if we finished third and he'll get nothing if we finish bottom six -same result!

I've moaned about Milne before, but have come to realise that he is not as bad as I thought.

Willie Miller on the other hand is proving to be a bit of a pain in the arse and should have some of his apparent power taken off him.

I strongly believe that more people would be willing to come in and invest in the club/team if he was brought down a peg or two.

Nothing new in these claims, he'd get nothing to spend even if we finished third and he'll get nothing if we finish bottom six -same result!

I've moaned about Milne before, but have come to realise that he is not as bad as I thought.

Willie Miller on the other hand is proving to be a bit of a pain in the arse and should have some of his apparent power taken off him.

I strongly believe that more people would be willing to come in and invest in the club/team if he was brought down a peg or two.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but is there anything in particular Miller has done that has made him a pain in the arse?