Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Club ask for patience....

The current season has not gone to plan, of that there is no doubt, but the story of any football club is one of reinvention and rebuilding. It isn't the first time that a new manager has come along and discovered that he is faced with a rebuilding task or that he has to take a bit of time to get his ideas across to his squad of players. New boss Mark McGhee clearly knows what he needs to do and that it will take some time to do it. For the benefit of any doubters, you need only take a look back at a couple of Aberdeen's greatest managers to see that it is well worth bearing with him as he begins to tackle the problems in hand.

Eddie Turnbull remains a popular man around the Northeast - he won us the Scottish Cup in 1970 and very nearly gained the championship in season 1970-71. Before that, although he also reached the Cup Final in 1967, he had to steer the Dons through a couple of difficult seasons as he rebuilt and reorganised the team. During that spell, Aberdeen dropped as low as fifteenth in the league of eighteen by the end of the 1968-69 season although they did compensate slightly by making it to the semi-final of the Cup, only to be hammered 6-1 by Rangers.

Eventually, though, Eddie got his squad set up the way he wanted, finding the players who would do the shirt and the Club proud and we went into an exciting period. Sadly for Aberdeen, Mr Turnbull decided to move on to Easter Road and his beloved Hibs, but he left footballing foundations that would serve the Club well for years to come.

Seven years later, Alex Ferguson arrived to replace Billy McNeill who had pushed the team back to the edge of great success. With the quality of squad already in place, expectations were high in season 1978-79 but the new manager was striving to bring about changes that perhaps the players found hard to accept and performances slid back. Hard though it is to imagine now, there were many people who wanted to see Fergie fired in that season as the Dons toiled to string together results needed for a decent League run. Of course before too long the team was turned round again and took us on the most successful journey in Aberdeen FC's history.

We can't make claims for how good or otherwise the current manager may be, and it is certain that he faces a mountain to climb, but he has tremendous experience behind him and is having to build from a much lower starting point than Alex Ferguson did and he needs more than a few months to prove whether the McGhee way is the right way or otherwise. Let's learn from history and give him the working room he needs.

I'm all for giving McGhee time as long as I can at least see some light at the end of the tunnel, however at this moment in time we're firmly in freefall.

My concerns are that we give McGhee another transfer window and we ultimately end up battling relegation with a team full of his Grassi or Ifilesque players  :-\

Next time I spend weeks on end doing f*ck- all right at my work, I'll turn round and say...'look, this is a transition. I need another year to 18 months, and even then I might not get it right, and I may drag the company down the drain in the process. Is that all right' ???

F*ck me. Comparing McGhee to Turnbull and Ferguson.

Things must be worse than we thought at Pittodrie if they're allowing fools like that access to a keyboard.

Bullshit.

Fucking bullshit.

Anyone of us could re-write that little ditty with three managers that were given time, support and the amount of patience that saints would struggle to give so readily.  It would also be easy to list all their failures, embarrassments and ultimately the reason why someone at the club is now writing this open letter.  It's a whimsical and fanciful jack-a-nory written by some nameless soul who has no pull at the club to actually change the current clusterfuck.

There's only one man who should have written that letter and that's the man who has the resources to do something about it.  There should have been promises made as to how the club were going to weather the current storm and assurances that the manager was going to be backed financially to make the changes required.

Well fuck you Milne, we've done our bit as far as I'm concerned.

Over to you.

What an awful response  >:(

They honestly do not respect the fans, I am sill of the mind to give Dingus a chance but I am sick fed up to the back teeth of the pre Maddonas on that pitch bringing us down;

Milne give the man loney to get rid of the dross before its to late and we end up in the first division  >:D.

Miller you were a great player thank you for your service , but now stop taking a wage from Aberdeen and go do something else with you life...

>:D >:D>:D

What an awful response  >:(

They honestly do not respect the fans, I am sill of the mind to give Dingus a chance but I am sick fed up to the back teeth of the pre Maddonas on that pitch bringing us down;

Milne give the man loney to get rid of the dross before its to late and we end up in the first division  >:D.

Miller you were a great player thank you for your service , but now stop taking a wage from Aberdeen and go do something else with you life...

>:D >:D>:D

Agreed. Dingus has performed like a virgin manager this season. He is really going to have to justify my love next season. maybe it's just a case of telling the players to go out there and express yourself.

Agreed. Dingus has performed like a virgin manager this season. He is really going to have to justify my love next season. maybe it's just a case of telling the players to go out there and express yourself.

Think that's the only ray of light ahead. Get a bit of confidence in the team, don't want to see anyone frozen out or hung up as we're in this together. Come back from holiday and face the music ready to go for it next season.

Think that's the only ray of light ahead. Get a bit of confidence in the team, don't want to see anyone frozen out or hung up as we're in this together. Come back from holiday and face the music ready to go for it next season.

as we get deeper and deeper into this relegation battle, i sometimes think it might be time for a beautiful stranger to take over in the summer. It may be time for McGhee to say Bye Bye Baby.