Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Guest ally s

You're clearly not "100%" behind the team if you're coming out with this told ye so bollocks.

It's self congratulatory shite that we can do without. 

It's amazing the amount of folk who have had the knives out the minute Calderwood was sacked.  It's almost as if folk are willing McGhee to fail at every turn. That's the impression I get anyway.

That's my final word on the whole McGhee situation, it's getting very fucking tedious to say the least.

Totally agree

If Mcghee had been given the same if not half the financial backing of Calderwood we would be performing much better *in my opinion.

The under performing players this season *or the vast majority of them, were here last season.

Can only pish with the cock yiv got, and by god mcghees is looking awfa shrivled.

You're clearly not "100%" behind the team if you're coming out with this told ye so bollocks.

It's self congratulatory shite that we can do without. 

It's amazing the amount of folk who have had the knives out the minute Calderwood was sacked.  It's almost as if folk are willing McGhee to fail at every turn. That's the impression I get anyway.

Good stuff mannie :thumbsup:

If McGhee was brought in with the remit of bringing through the youth and rebuilding the squad long term, then he's done well on the first target and the jury is obviously still out on the second target, what with it being a long term target and all.

If he was brought in with the remit of "make us the finished article by the end of the season at the very latest" then I imagine his tack in the transfer market would've been different, and he probably would deserve the sack if those were his agreed targets.

Totally agree

If Mcghee had been given the same if not half the financial backing of Calderwood we would be performing much better *in my opinion.

The under performing players this season *or the vast majority of them, were here last season.

Can only pish with the cock yiv got, and by god mcghees is looking awfa shrivled.

Just wondering but how much did Calderwood have to spend compared to McGhee on his first and 2nd transfer windows? pretty sure he never spent any transfer fee's

I don't care if McGhee fails or not - I want success for Aberdeen FC - McGhee is just a small part of that - we could get success with, or more likely without him.

McGhee is making the situation tedious by his own making - running to the press at every chance. Some of his comments now seem like he is using his media friends to engineer an exit.

If he can run to the press and talk shite - I can post shite on a messageboard.

So surely you do care then?  If it's success that you want for AFC then you must care that McGhee succeeds.  And let's face it, the manager at any club is more than a small part. He's the most important man at the club in most cases, the man who carries the can for the club's fortunes.

I am a million miles away from being convinced that the success we all want will be delivered by McGhee but we do have to give him time. Sacking him just now would be ludicrous. And if we did sack him just now, and we get the new guy in, what if some players decide they're not going to play for him either as that's certainly one part of our current problems. Do we just sack him too after less than a year in charge?

Correct, Calderwood spent nothing in his first season. But you shouldn't let facts get in the way of having a mindless rant.

Well you are incorrect as we spent £250,000 on Barry Nicholson from Dunfermline.

In any case I think the guy was referring to the wage budget that Calderwood had. Also spent £250,000 on Lovell the following season.

His remit from the fans who wanted him was to bring the club to the next level.

- Cup Win

- Pretty Football

- Settled Formation and normal 4-4-2 tactics

- Getting more out of current squad with coaching

- No speaking shite in the press

So far he's failed every single one. We've gone backwards.

Regardless of any supposed agenda targets have not been met. I wonder if we have Mcghee fans or AFC fans sometimes.

That said, let's give him another year and some money. See what happens, we'd have to do it with a new man anyway.

Just a quick input :-)  Surely we have to give him at least one season to get his team sorted.  The players are used to how JC worked and im sure MG is a different kettle of fish to work for and with.  maybe its a show of "Player" power as ive read on these forums some of the players are playing shite, maybe they are upset that the comfy zone that they had with JC is now gone and MG works differently?

I say give him till this time next season before we bay for his blood.  otherwise were do we stand? have to pay him off and get another manager, that may cost money.  Who would we try and get into the Job? did not see hundreds running in after we moved JC on.

What's McGhee supposed to say?

"Jesus... I've been pish since I took this job on."

So far his tenure has seen us

slaughtered at home by Sigma

slaughtered away by Sigma

Get pumped out of the League cup to a 1st division side

Get pumped out of the Scottish cup by a 1st division side, even though we had two bites at the cherry

8th in the league

A run of 10 games without a win

beaten twice by the relegation favourites.

sitting 8th

Little chance of top 6

Playing football so bad that crowds are now sub-Calderwood

He's really not doing very well at all, is he?

The team is pish, that's not his fault.

He's getting nothing out of the players... that IS his fault.

He's getting no money... that's the board's fault.

So, top to bottom, everyone is partially to blame.

Players. McGhee. Board..

What we got here is one fucked up football club. 

What's McGhee supposed to say?

"Jesus... I've been pish since I took this job on."

So far his tenure has seen us

slaughtered at home by Sigma

slaughtered away by Sigma

Get pumped out of the League cup to a 1st division side

Get pumped out of the Scottish cup by a 1st division side, even though we had two bites at the cherry

8th in the league

A run of 10 games without a win

beaten twice by the relegation favourites.

sitting 8th

Little chance of top 6

Playing football so bad that crowds are now sub-Calderwood

He's really not doing very well at all, is he?

The team is pish, that's not his fault.

He's getting nothing out of the players... that IS his fault.

He's getting no money... that's the board's fault.

So, top to bottom, everyone is partially to blame.

Players. McGhee. Board..

What we got here is one fucked up football club.

Agree, but what happens now? we do nothing and hope that we don't get relegated next season?

Everybody knows that Milne isn't going to suddenly spend serious money therefore we're pretty much stuck with the players we have (the majority being part of the team that finished 4th last season)

Therefore we need a manager who can get more from the players at our disposal and set us up to concede less and score more and get some decent points on the table, is McGhee capable of that? he hasn't shown it so far.

Agree, but what happens now? we do nothing and hope that we don't get relegated next season?

Everybody knows that Milne isn't going to suddenly spend serious money therefore we're pretty much stuck with the players we have (the majority being part of the team that finished 4th last season)

Therefore we need a manager who can get more from the players at our disposal and set us up to concede less and score more and get some decent points on the table, is McGhee capable of that? he hasn't shown it so far.

That seems to be the plan advocated by most.

That seems to be the plan advicated by most.

If we had been shit at the start of the season and getting better by now I could see where they are coming from.

However, we were shite at the start of the season and now we are so fucking shite scraping a draw against shit fucked Hamilton is heralded as a success.....that's how awful it is.

Jim Paterson was in the paper today giving the backing to McGhee - apparently it will be fine once the new players bed in. Bed, fucking, in? Most of our cunting players have been in a coma all season but the only players brought in have been here 7 months and are so shite they need to be flushed!