Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McGhee resigned to losing MacLean and Paterson

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5973634,00.html

Aberdeen boss Mark McGhee has conceded he cannot afford to keep loan stars Steven MacLean and Jim Paterson at Pittodrie.

MacLean and Paterson are both out on loan from Championship club Plymouth until the end of the campaign and they have impressed during their short time at Aberdeen.

McGhee would like to sign the pair on a permanent basis, but he is resigned to losing both at the end of the season.

"It would be great to keep Paterson and MacLean beyond the summer but I don't think we will be able to afford them," admitted McGhee.

"It looks as if we are going to have to persuade players of their quality to come here for a third of the money they could get elsewhere, so it's going to be very hard to build up a squad the way I would like to.

"I know the situation the club is in and football is in, so know I will just have to do the best I can with what I've got.

"I can only work with the tools I'm given but I promise the Aberdeen FC fans I will do my best to get as strong a squad as possible in place for next season."

Nice dig at the team  ;D

What an exercise in futility.

We've had MacLean in particular being described as desperate to secure his release from his contract to play for us when that was clearly total bullshit.

With Miller (and soon to be Mulgrew, MacD and others) off the wage bill why the fuck are we still being told next season's budget doesn't allow for us to even maintain an even keel?

Even in the dark days of 90s early 00s I was never as despondent about the state of our football club as now. I don't give a fuck who is MORE to blame, everyone involved in Aberdeen from fan's to chairman have made the club appear rotten to the core.

Even in the dark days of 90s early 00s I was never as despondent about the state of our football club as now. I don't give a fuck who is MORE to blame, everyone involved in Aberdeen from fan's to chairman have made the club appear rotten to the core.

Hurts me to say it, but perfectly sums up the way I feel about things at present.

There is unfortunately a real cancer eating away at the very heart of our club.

As I read elsewhere by a friend of mine RIP AFC.

We are a dieing a very public slow death before our very eyes and it hurts like fuck