Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Atmospere at Pittodrie

Following on from the letter here http://www.donstalk.co.uk/messageboard/index.php?topic=10562.20

What things off the field could be done by the fans/club to improve the atmosphere at Pittodrie?

Singing section?

Standing section?

Closing off areas of the stand to condense the fans together?

No need for a singing section anyway how long would it be before singing outside the designated area resulted in some Rock Steady jobsworth ejecting you from the ground.

Standing Section is section Y.  ;) I personally would love to see the return of standing terraces but will simply not happen as these are harder to control than seated areas and polis will never stand for that.

Closing off areas of the ground for smaller has merit although it would mean moving season tickets for these games but people are moved for old firm games so not to big a problem to over come.

Biggest thing they could do though is get a winning team on the field as nothing gets the atmosphere going like the team scoring goals and winning games.

Were they not supposed to keep the upper tier of the RDS shut except for bigger matches?

Do that and suddenly theres between 1-3100 extra fans in the south, merkland, main or RDL.

Also move the family section to the main stand therby giving each goal end to the nutters. More noise can be made from the merkland than the uncovered section Y.

But the best way and by that I mean the only way to get an atmosphere at pittodrie is to station snipers in random positions around the ground who will shoot anyone they spot not singing shouting, gesturing, basiclaly doing anything for longer than say 5mins. No incentive on the park so ya need incentive off it.

Guest leith_red

Reduce ticket prices and get more folk in.

Similar idea - anygame tickets.

Buy a ticket(s) in advance and it can be used for any home game - except against the OF.  Could also sell them for ie £5 less than turnstile prices.

Buy a ticket(s) in advance and it can be used for any home game - except against the OF.  Could also sell them for ie £5 less than turnstile prices.

I'm almost positive they already exist (or something similar) for people who work offshore.

Guest leith_red

I'm almost positive they already exist (or something similar) for people who work offshore.

They used to do 10 game tickets for people that worked shifts - maybe offshore folk, too.  But they had to go to the ticket office to exchange it for an actual match ticket.

Were they not supposed to keep the upper tier of the RDS shut except for bigger matches?

Do that and suddenly theres between 1-3100 extra fans in the south, merkland, main or RDL.

Also move the family section to the main stand therby giving each goal end to the nutters. More noise can be made from the merkland than the uncovered section Y.

But the best way and by that I mean the only way to get an atmosphere at pittodrie is to station snipers in random positions around the ground who will shoot anyone they spot not singing shouting, gesturing, basiclaly doing anything for longer than say 5mins. No incentive on the park so ya need incentive off it.

Yip, good idea re: the RDU, at least for smaller games - more concentrated areas can only improve the atmosphere.

Nae so sure aboot the snipers though....purely because the cost of bullets and subsequent attendance drops would bankrupt us.

They used to do 10 game tickets for people that worked shifts - maybe offshore folk, too.  But they had to go to the ticket office to exchange it for an actual match ticket.

They still do this. I know a couple of folk who have these tickets. Have to work in either emergency services or offshore to qualify though.

They still do this. I know a couple of folk who have these tickets. Have to work in either emergency services or offshore to qualify though.

I previously qualified, as an NHS worker who worked shifts, for the 10 home game package. For each game attending you still had to book a ticket (at £1 cost if getting posted out)

Good idea, if for minimum 5 games

I think Ptayles has the answer in the Bundesliga.

What ever they do we should do.

I don't know what they do mind but fuck they go off!

Read an article about the Bundesliga a month ago.  The government/local councils ensure that football is affordable for all because they appreciate the role football and sport in general has in society. There is little or no chance of that happening in this country.

I think Ptayles has the answer in the Bundesliga.

What ever they do we should do.

I don't know what they do mind but fuck they go off!

This is not an Aberdeen answer. This is something the SFA, SPL & SFL have to sort out with the government, police etc.

But considering our friendly mr Doncastor didnt even know how the germans handled their winter shutdowns and cup competitions I seriously doubt he has any clue as to how their licensing and modern terrace policing are handled.

Does anyone have details of the new style of terracing that Hamburg. Dortmund and co installed during their revamps? (the type that can be converted to seating for european and international matches). i dont think its something you can just install on an existing stand.

Terracing is permitted for scottish cup and League cup matches so come new stadium time perhaps we can install it at one end. The only problem this would bring is come cup day this terrace would be full and the rest of the ground looking rather empty.

I was in support of the "singing stand" in Merkland, like the shed at Tannadice, however read elsewhere AFC said NO! NO! NO!

AFC really are clueless, supporters attending games are in freefall. They need to listen to us, or things will continue to get worse.

Pittodrie is mainly like a morgue, which doesn't encourage me to spend up to £42 for a train/£10 taxi return to train station from home/£22 a ticket (plus food and a few pints before and after game) Add to that minimum of 5 hours travelling. Just not worth using my time off work, and % of my income at present.

I was in support of the "singing stand" in Merkland, like the shed at Tannadice, however read elsewhere AFC said NO! NO! NO!

AFC really are clueless, supporters attending games are in freefall. They need to listen to us, or things will continue to get worse.

Pittodrie is mainly like a morgue, which doesn't encourage me to spend up to £42 for a train/£10 taxi return to train station from home/£22 a ticket (plus food and a few pints before and after game) Add to that minimum of 5 hours travelling. Just not worth using my time off work, and % of my income at present.

Nae think oor current problems may be due to the board listening too much to supporters?, was never a huge fan of fat Jim however last season we had top 6 mediocrity and a euro spot, this season we're a ba' hair from a relegation battle and with attendances doon about 1k / game.

Nae think oor current problems may be due to the board listening too much to supporters?, was never a huge fan of fat Jim however last season we had top 6 mediocrity and a euro spot, this season we're a ba' hair from a relegation battle and with attendances doon about 1k / game.

Too much to too few supporters maybe, but I think it's more to do with listening to bullshit excuses made by corporate investors as to why they weren't continuing to put their cash in. Piss poor judgement at the top either way.