Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Are the players trying to get McGhee sacked?

I'm beginning to wonder if McGhee has lost the dressing room, and the players are trying to get him sacked.

We all know the team needs investment in order to compete in the top 4 of the SPL.

We all know the team needs investment if we want to win a cup.

But the team does not need investment in order to compete with the likes of Falkirk, Raith, Dundee and Sigma.  No matter what the issues are at board level, there is something seriously wrong on the pitch with the management and/or players as we are getting turned over by teams with far less resources and quality.

Something is going to have to give soon if this keeps up.  We're getting dragged closer to a relegation battle.

I'm beginning to wonder if McGhee has lost the dressing room, and the players are trying to get him sacked.

We all know the team needs investment in order to compete in the top 4 of the SPL.

We all know the team needs investment if we want to win a cup.

But the team does not need investment in order to compete with the likes of Falkirk, Raith, Dundee and Sigma.  No matter what the issues are at board level, there is something seriously wrong on the pitch with the management and/or players as we are getting turned over by teams with far less resources and quality.

Something is going to have to give soon if this keeps up.  We're getting dragged closer to a relegation battle.

It's a fair point, and I definitely think there is something in that. However, look at the last 5 months of last season and did we not only win 4 matches or something lke that?  Maybe this squad of players just can't compete with the likes of Falkirk, Raith and Sigma or their level isn't quite as high as we think or want to believe. Their wages do suggest though that they should be better than that of course.

And of course, if this is true then our players are even less professional than I thought, and that's actually quite staggering.

I don't think it's quite as clear cut as the players wanting him sacked, although they may have preferred Calderwood's managerial style to McGhee's. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them felt alienated after Mark's comments during the week, no matter how accurate they were.

The defeats to teams which clearly have weaker squads than our own is worrying, and seems to be down to a few factors. The fact that our style of play means we struggle to break down teams that sit back has been evident for some time, but simultaneously there is also a clear diffrence in attitude between the games against 'bigger' and 'smaller' teams. Whether it is the current squad, or the mentality within the club that is responsible for this is debatable.

I don't especially blame McGhee for this, as such defeats were not exactly irregular before his arrival. He has the unfortunate task of trying to root out the problem, and we can only hope that a clear-out of players in th summer will solve it. In the mean time though, his stance on the current squad is clear and I imagine as a result there will be numerous abject performances between now and May.

McGhee has got every single decision he came to Aberdeen wrong in my opinion. I believe he is trying to do things right and he wants success more than any of us but everything he does seem to backfire. The whole of the summer transfer window wasted trying to sign Stephen Hughes, the Sigma shambles (home and away), the list is fucking endless.

That said if the players have chucked the scottish cup tie as they want mcghee out then I want them out!

McGhee has got every single decision he came to Aberdeen wrong in my opinion. I believe he is trying to do things right and he wants success more than any of us but everything he does seem to backfire. The whole of the summer transfer window wasted trying to sign Stephen Hughes, the Sigma shambles (home and away), the list is fucking endless.

That said if the players have chucked the scottish cup tie as they want mcghee out then I want them out!

As much as McGhee has made endless mistakes if the players won't perform for him or the club because they don't like him they can all get to fuck right now.  I wouldn't want any of them at my club if they behave like that

As much as McGhee has made endless mistakes if the players won't perform for him or the club because they don't like him they can all get to fuck right now.  I wouldn't want any of them at my club if they behave like that

Agreed.

They are very average at best, and if every last one of them were to leave at the end of the season, I very much doubt i'd miss any of them.

True, but today he drops Langfield then makes up an excuse he's got a sore throat? Langfield then confirms at half time he's been dropped and isn't happy.

Why did McGhee feel the need to lie? Langfields been shite this season.