Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Cunt speaks...

Stewart Milne gives his reaction

Stewart Milne, the Aberdeen Chairman, spoke to RedTV following the Active Nation Scottish Cup defeat to Raith Rovers.

"I don't think anyone seen that coming last night. Especially anyone who saw the game on Saturday against Celtic. Stewart Milne

"We have to appreciate after a performance like that last night there is a lot of frustration and anger going to build up within the fans but I think some of the reaction went too far. Spitting and throwing missiles is something the club will simply not tolerate. Mark has chosen not to pursue it further but this is not behaviour we can condone.

"Mark wants the fans to get behind the players and I do not think there will be any grudges held. No one knows more than him that the club let the fans down.

"I think everyone believed that when we got the late equaliser down at Stark's Park and got the opportunity to bring them back up here it was a great chance to get through to play Dundee in the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals.

"After the performance against Hibs at Easter Road then Celtic on Saturday everyone was starting to believe there is a bit of consistency coming into the team. We knew it would be a difficult game against Raith but one we should be up for and one we could win.

"I believe there is still a chance that we could get in the back door and qualify for Europe again. If we can deliver more performances like the one we did on Saturday and can start to deliver that on a consistent basis then there is still the prospect of that. It is a big challenge and I know Mark and the players appreciate how big it is.

"We can't just give up for the rest of the season. There is a lot to fight for. There is an opportunity to improve the team and for Mark to continue to make an impression on all the squad and get more out of all the players we have currently got here.

"If there was an easy answer of why we can go from the performance against Celtic to the one against Raith in the space of a few days then Mark would be manager of the month for the rest of the season. What last night demonstrated was that we have some real issues within the squad and that is going to be a big part of Mark's job in the coming weeks and months to get to the bottom of that and try and deal with some of these issues.

"I can understand how supporters were feeling last night and today and why some are saying they will never come back. Yes there have been some real disappointments this season but there has been some fantastic performances as well. I would ask the supporters to gauge Mark's performance so far this season in a more balanced way. I am convinced we will see the team perform to a much higher level between now and the end of the season."

Fuck off, you cock.

To be fair the Europa League qualification looks like stretching to 5th place so he's not far wrong that there is still something to play for.

As for not seeing it coming I assume he was at the first game? Whilst I was confident of victory I wasn't surprised at the same time to see the team surrender so readily. I am hopeful that a lot of what he is saying is just to be seen to be saying the right things as quite frankly if he thinks the players/depth of the squad is good just now we're totally fucked in advance for next season.

I stopped reading half way through. Its a load of bollocks. As you saw tsr, its probably more him trying to say the right thing but no matter what he says, unless its, new stadium is on site next year and i will invest in the team this summer, none of us will be happy.

You could see this performance a mile off.

Sounds like a pretty media-savvy and balanced opinion... not exactly exciting or informative...

Still wish he would put his hands in his pockets rather than just talking boring pish though...

There is a lot of reasonable sounding talking goes on at Pittodrie - it is usually followed by a disastrous performance/run and no actual action being taken to improve matters...

:-\

Usual excuses fae milne! Says the same thing everytime. If he had bothered tae put his hand in his pocket, who knows! This is one of the worst old firms i have seen. Investment in the club and the new manager plus the feel good factor we could have been there or thereabouts. Not saying we would have won the league or anything but back in europe, more fans coming through the gates, more money for even better players etc. Its not f@cking rocket science. Milne gtf!

:@

I wonder if Milne actually does think that the fans believe this tired old routine by now?

I think he knows it's fooling no-one, but he still goes through the motions because frankly he has to.

Even his personal Meat Shield Miller is no longer capable of taking all the flak, so he comes out of his office for 5 minutes, rolls out the platitudes, then disappears back up his own arse, job done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am convinced we will see the team perform to a much higher level between now and the end of the season."

I'm not fuckin convinced - This Milne cunt's delusional

Thought that when I heard that on red tv. We have Mcghee saying don't get excited by better performances cause there is a bad performance right round the corner and Milne saying the team will play better.

I wonder if Milne actually does think that the fans believe this tired old routine by now?

I think he knows it's fooling no-one, but he still goes through the motions because frankly he has to.

Even his personal Meat Shield Miller is no longer capable of taking all the flak, so he comes out of his office for 5 minutes, rolls out the platitudes, then disappears back up his own arse, job done.

Agree, to be honest I don't really see what option he has, what is the alternative? Admitting the situation is hopeless or saying nothing?

On another note I don't think the subject header is appropriate whatsoever, maybe we really have become as bad as rangers fans when we start addressing the chairman as "cunt".

Guest rocket debris

He is a cunt though, how would you like me to address him? Mr Cunt?

Sir cunt? Hey, wee man cunt? Baldy cunt? Cunt lugs? Grasping cunt fuck? Difficult one. Fucking cunt if ye ask me.

"We have to appreciate after a performance like that last night there is a lot of frustration and anger going to build up within the fans but I think some of the reaction went too far. Spitting and throwing missiles is something the club will simply not tolerate. Mark has chosen not to pursue it further but this is not behaviour we can condone.

That wasn't a missile, you twat. That was a heap of scarves and season-tickets from fans who have finally had enough of the constant downgrading of Aberdeen FC that has happened since the day you started running the joint. You can save what valuable resources you'd put aside for finding and punishing these fans who threw stuff onto the pitch ... they won't be back!

• 4 weeks later...