Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Blame Game

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Groundskeepers for not having a better pitch?  :thumbsup:

Ballboys/girls for not throwing the ball back quick enough?

The referee?

The SFA?

Rangers?

Celtic?

Charlie Allan?

The P&J?

The EE?

The Daily Ranger?

The rest of the West Coast Media?

Setanta?

Sky?

The EPL?

Gordon Brown?

Groundskeepers for not having a better pitch?  :thumbsup:

Ballboys/girls for not throwing the ball back quick enough?

The referee?

The SFA?

Rangers?

Celtic?

Charlie Allan?

The P&J?

The EE?

The Daily Ranger?

The rest of the West Coast Media?

Setanta?

Sky?

The EPL?

Gordon Brown?

Not like a mincer to over-react eh?  ;)

Guest rocket debris

Not sure how constructive this exercise will turn out to be. The history of AFC is already written and where we are is where we are. I think the saddest indictment of all this is the divisions between the fans, something I was completely unaware of until two years ago when I discovered these three websites. Until very recently, I didn't think that it was relevant given less than one per cent of Dons fans that regularly post and that being the internet, weak uninformed voices get heard. The first time I was embarrassed to be a Dons fan in the real world was April ish 2008 when Mackie got booed off when subbed v Motherwell so the warning signs should have been there for me. Whilst the continuing descent of the product has always been an embarrassment, until these two ties, away and home, I never realised just how split our support actually is. 

Not sure how constructive this exercise will turn out to be. The history of AFC is already written and where we are is where we are. I think the saddest indictment of all this is the divisions between the fans, something I was completely unaware of until two years ago when I discovered these three websites. Until very recently, I didn't think that it was relevant given less than one per cent of Dons fans that regularly post and that being the internet, weak uninformed voices get heard. The first time I was embarrassed to be a Dons fan in the real world was April ish 2008 when Mackie got booed off when subbed v Motherwell so the warning signs should have been there for me. Whilst the continuing descent of the product has always been an embarrassment, until these two ties, away and home, I never realised just how split our support actually is.

Heaven forbid people on an internet forum have differing opinions to someone else.

Whilst I doubt anything constructive will come of this thread at least it gives us a forum to voice some anger where as on other sites we'd have been shouted down by now for having the cheek to slate yet another piss poor season.

Guest rocket debris

Heaven forbid people on an internet forum have differing opinions to someone else.

I think you miss my point entirely. Wednesday.

The divisions - in the real world, not the irrelevance that is DT - have come about for a reason or for reasons. This is the saddest indictment for me. Whether engineered debliberately (remote) or a symptom of the tragic mismanagement of our club for a very long time, the reasons for the divide reveal more about the real situation, for those capable of looking.

Fans berating the manager last night, throwing scarves and spitting on him, from the Main Stand to boot, this is a club in crisis with supporters who haven't got the wherewithall to see the big picture. The deafening silence created this. Even the inclusion of the press at the annual AGM's - WTF? - is a strategy designed to stem proper debate. Some if us have seen what's been happening all along. Some not only denied it, but went to great lengths to deny it without offering any credible alternative. How fucked up is that?

Guest rocket debris

Whilst I doubt anything constructive will come of this thread at least it gives us a forum to voice some anger where as on other sites we'd have been shouted down by now for having the cheek to slate yet another piss poor season.

You want to know what shouting down is?

Try suggesting two years ago that JC was useless on DT. Question the added value that the DoF brings to the club. Identify the root cause of the problem as evidenced by the record on and off the pitch.

I think the saddest indictment of all this is the divisions between the fans, something I was completely unaware of until two years ago when I discovered these three websites.

The divisions - in the real world, not the irrelevance that is DT - have come about for a reason or for reasons.

Just you keep contradicting yourself  :thumbsup:

You want to know what shouting down is?

Try suggesting two years ago that JC was useless on DT. Question the added value that the DoF brings to the club. Identify the root cause of the problem as evidenced by the record on and off the pitch.

I didn't even know Calderwood had an account on DonsTalk.

Rocket, I don't think you are being fair to a lot of people on here.

Most of us have been pretty consistent in our opinions on the manager. Me, I tend not to criticise because I can't make too many games. I've been positive about MM, just as much as I was for JC.

People like Bobby, Sharpie, Mizer, Al, TF and the Miles twins have, though holding different opinions of the qualities of the managment team, applied the criteria without an agenda.

No, you'll have to look elsewhere for dishonesty, moving goalposts and divisive, inconsistent opinion. 

Guest rocket debris

Sorry bilbo, I don't know what youmean by "not being fair". Quite happy to apologise if you can point out the specifics but I think ajja may have covered this in the other thread just now.