Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

If we go out of the cup?

Guest donindundonald

Guest donindundonald

What would be best?

In the cup and concentrate on that for some sort of success, meaning possibly mid-bottom six.

OR

Out of the cup and concentrate on trying to get fourth place.

I would  take the cup and mid-bottom six.

Why is it either or?

I'm personally looking for the team to screw the nut and do their fucking job in both competitions.

indeed. why one game a month would come at the expense of the league I don't know.

Round 5 - Saturday, 6th February, 2010

Round 6 - Saturday, 13th March, 2010

Semi-Finals - Saturday, 10th & Sunday, 11th April, 2010

Final - Saturday, 15th May, 2010

A drastic improvement in league performances and a win (however scrappy) this weekend please.

i think we'll be doing well to get top 6!

don't thik our form is drastically going to change much the rest of the season so a good cup run is all we'll have to really shout about.

I'm personally looking for the team to screw the nut and do their fucking job in both competitions.

i agree, senior players more than anyone

Guest donindundonald

Why is it either or?

It just a f@#%ing question! Jeez man chill out  :thumbsup:

Can't see why we should give up on Top 4 at this stage. Last season, we crept into the top six on the final day before the split. And we still made the top four!

But, top four is a fuckin pathetic aim. Seriously, who's gonna remember in ten years time which season we finished 3rd or 4th? We should be aiming to add to our Trophy Cabinet, which sadly the only person to open this since 1995 has been the cleaner. Football is about winning. If you win the cup, you've won ALL your games in that season. If you come 4th, that means you admit to losing roughly a third of all your games. That ain't an accolade!!

Can't see why we should give up on Top 4 at this stage. Last season, we crept into the top six on the final day before the split. And we still made the top four!

But, top four is a fuckin pathetic aim. Seriously, who's gonna remember in ten years time which season we finished 3rd or 4th? We should be aiming to add to our Trophy Cabinet, which sadly the only person to open this since 1995 has been the cleaner. Football is about winning. If you win the cup, you've won ALL your games in that season. If you come 4th, that means you admit to losing roughly a third of all your games. That ain't an accolade!!

Top 4 is fucked, seriously, 12 points behind 4th or 10 ahead of bottom, magic stuff.

A cup? Yeah, easy. But this group of wasters will probably win a cup, and finish in a pitiful league position.

The thought of a trip to Hampden makes me sexually arroused.  The thought of getting pumped out by a first division team again makes me want to cry like a wee girl.

But even with the bonus of a cup win, anything from 5th down in the league must be seen as failure. We should be above Utd and a very poor Hearts.  Given the investment Hibs made this season there is no shame in finishing behind them.

Scottish cup winners and 4th in the spl would be an excellent (and very unlikely) return.

The thought of a trip to Hampden makes me sexually arroused.  The thought of getting pumped out by a first division team again makes me want to cry like a wee girl.

But even with the bonus of a cup win, anything from 5th down in the league must be seen as failure. We should be above Utd and a very poor Hearts.  Given the investment Hibs made this season there is no shame in finnishing behind them.

Scottish cup winners and 4th in the spl would be an excellent (and very unlikely) return.

Is the right answer.