Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EE: Strachan spies on Aberdeen FC heroes

Strachan spies on Aberdeen FC heroes

Middlesbrough boss watches Tyncastle game

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 28/01/2010

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today admitted he’s worried old pal Gordon Strachan will try to steal away some of his Tynecastle heroes.

Middlesbrough boss Strachan watched from the stand as Aberdeen FC demolished Hearts 3-0 in Edinburgh in the SPL.

Strachan, who left without comment, must have been impressed by the performances of several of the players, including teenager Fraser Fyvie, who scored to become the youngest to claim a goal in the SPL.

McGhee admitted that could put any of his players, including Charlie Mulgrew, Lee Miller, Mark Kerr or Gary McDonald, who are all out of contract in the summer, on his radar.

McGhee said: “The way we played it’s a worry that any of them who were out there at Tynecastle might attract interest from bigger clubs.

“It’s my job to get them playing well for Aberdeen FC and if they do that it’s inevitable they will attract attention.â€

Strachan would have to be mad to be looking at the likes of Miller, Kerr or McDonald for the Championship.

Strachan would have to be mad to be looking at the likes of Miller, Kerr or McDonald for the Championship.

Championship with aspirations for EPL. I agree, madness. However, budget constraints are coming to visit everyone these days and he was looking at Caldwell was he not ?

Well he's signed Killen/Flood and Robson whilst only ever playing the latter?

I think the Championship is a poor standard being honest, I know most folk have been hood winked into thinking its something great but then I seen Charlie Adam MOTM collection and I realised how shite it is.

I doubt he was looking at any of our players but Mulgrew could do a job down there and even Miller. Youth wise Fyvie must have impressed him and although he wasn't playing players like Pawlett could do well :)