Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons to play Clach to boost their finances

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/11463/Dons_to_help_Clach.html

CLACH'S financial plight is set to be aided by Aberdeen after the Scottish Premier League side agreed to a fundraising match in the Highland Capital on Sunday 28th March.

advertising

Dons manager Mark McGhee will be sending a team to Grant Street Park in a bid to help raise funds for the cash-strapped Lilywhites, who are currently in administration.

Clach have already benefitted from a friendly against SPL opposition when Glasgow giants Celtic visited Inverness last November, raising around £5000 through ticket sales and hospitality. The Merkinchers had also hoped to play a match against Caley Thistle, but as yet no date has been scheduled for this game.

Clach were placed into administration last October with debts of approximately £100,000. Officials at the club are hopeful Clach will be able to continue until the end of the current Highland League season, but there are fears for its long-term future.

Earlier this month, creditors of the Lilywhites agreed to put their only assets - the social club and the car park - up for sale.

The Clach Football Trust is calling on the community of Inverness to back the club with secretary Louise Shield warning last week that they had to show administrator Johnston Carmichael there was sufficient support.

We play St Mirren at home the day before.

Return of the booze train to Inverness?  ;D

Any highland league club that goes £100,000 into debt deserves to go under.

Speaking to a man I work with whoms son plays for Clach youth I believe there is more to it than meets the eye than just running up a large amount of debt like AFC. I believe promises were made to the Clach board from the council in Inverness that have subsequently not been followed through on. I shall ask him when I see him next to explain the full story to me once more and shall relay my findings. Of course I may just have dreamt the whole thing and be speaking utter shit.

Debt is nearly all attached to unpaid rent to council who own Grant Street. From what I have seen Clach board were suggesting council had agreed to a lower rent figure or rent free period and council are denying this. Loads about this on P&B highland league section.

Cracking day out though if it goes ahead. One of the few Highland league grounds I have not been to. Will be there.