Lithuanian State Circus after Miller

According to the EE:

Hearts in for Aberdeen FC hitman Lee

McGhee also faces competition for Barr

By Sean Wallace

Published: 14/01/2010

HITMAN: Aberdeen FC's Lee Miller.

More Pictures

HEARTS have launched a bid to lure Aberdeen FC’s Lee Miller away from Pittodrie.

Miller’s agent Mark Donaghy today confirmed Hearts have approached him regarding the striker.

Aberdeen FC also face a battle to sign Falkirk’s Darren Barr as Dundee, Hibs and Hearts have been given permission to talk to the defender.

But Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee hopes to beat off the competition to retain Miller, and land Barr.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1561320#ixzz0caDkvtLC

Strange one.

If Romanov is unwilling/unable to release funds to sign the likes of Izale Mcleod and Steven MacLean, then surely Lee Miller would command a larger wage?

Saying that it is the EE who is reporting it so I will take this story with a large bucket of salt.

Strange one.

If Romanov is unwilling/unable to release funds to sign the likes of Izale Mcleod and Steven MacLean, then surely Lee Miller would command a larger wage?

Saying that it is the EE who is reporting it so I will take this story with a large bucket of salt.

Unless he has come to his senses......OK, you're right. Sounds like nonsense (I will type that a lot in January I suspect)

...and who exactly is MM going to be beating off ? Don't like the sound of that  :-[

Am I right in thinking miller is out of contract next summer? He's a decent player but if we got offered half a mill I'd take it

There is more chance of me waking up next to Angelina Jolie tomorrow morning than anyone offering us £500k for Miller. in fact i doubt anyone would knock two zeros off the pound element of that sum and offer us it ;) ;)

Yip, I fear that ship has sailed (the one with a cheque for Miller on it that is). If only Hearts will still chucking daft money about we could have punted him to them and used thr cash for McLean (as we have all now decided he is the panicea for our goal scoring problems)

Thing is, Miller knows he did a good job at Hearts. Hearts know he can do a good job. He's just not performed when with us. Any offer over $100k for the currently-under-performing Lee Miller, and I'd snap their hands off.

Should probaby add Bristol City and UTD in the 'not performed for' column. That would render his very brief spell of success with Hearts the anomaly. Lest we forget he was in a heightened state of 'contract chasing' then also. Not sure what my point is...other than Miller being far from a sellable asset at present, even if Hearts did have two brass farthings to rub together.

I am a bit confused as to wht's best for us here.

Keep Miller and have a poor striker

Free up wages to get another (possibly) goalless striker

See Miller be crap at Hearts but still score against us regularly (as always happens)

See Miller dissappear into the mire at Hearts

I'd say offload Miller and pay no attention to what he does the minute he walks through the door at Pittodrie.

Is there any historical evidence for strikers scoring regularly against us who we sold ? Certainly in recent years I cannot recollect one. Johny Stewart might have scored once in the SF for QOS. Lovell choked big time against us when he was at Falkirk.

I wouldn't be surprised of Miller ended up at Ibrox if Kris Boyd leaves. Smith's been linked with him a few times this season, and Miller does a lot of dirty work in the middle of the pitch that would create a lot of goals for them.

He doesn't score much for us, but if he left, I think we'd miss having someone with his composure on the ball up front. In fact, I don't think there's many strikers in the SPL better than him with their backs to the goal. That doesn't help much if he's up front on his own though.

I wouldn't be surprised of Miller ended up at Ibrox if Kris Boyd leaves. Smith's been linked with him a few times this season, and Miller does a lot of dirty work in the middle of the pitch that would create a lot of goals for them.

He doesn't score much for us, but if he left, I think we'd miss having someone with his composure on the ball up front. In fact, I don't think there's many strikers in the SPL better than him with their backs to the goal. That doesn't help much if he's up front on his own though.

He does absolutely nothing with it though. For the x amount of years he's been at Pittodrie he's consistently performed as if he's never left the training ground.