Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Gary McDonald

Potential swap deal?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8447408.stm

McGhee eyes Falkirk defender Barr 

Aberdeen have joined Hibs in showing an interest in Falkirk's Darren Barr.

Dons manager Mark McGhee is keen to bolster his porous defence and may try to sign Barr, 25, whose contract with the Bairns expires in the summer.

Barr has been at the club since leaving school eight years ago and was brought through the ranks by John Hughes, who is keen for him to join him at Hibs.

Last month, Falkirk boss Eddie May said his captain would see out the remainder of his deal before moving to England.

Comfortable at right-back or in central defence, Barr won a Scotland cap under George Burley in a friendly against Northern Ireland

To be honest, its not worked out and i'm quite disappointed. I really thought he would fill the void left by Barry Nicholson, but he just hasn't been able to make the step up. Showed promise but I think its best he moves on.

My thoughts exactly.

Like manc said, had high hopes for him based on some pretty decent performances last season, but this season he's not really added anything to the team. Definetly the best for both parties.

Darren Barr would be some addition to our team, can't see it happening though.