Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Anderson For Hibs?

From todays online Hun. Surely not?  >:(

HIBS are on the verge of sealing a stunning return north for ex-Aberdeen and Scotland star Russell Anderson.

SunSport can reveal that talks are at an advanced stage to clinch a free transfer move for the frozen out Sunderland stopper in time for the transfer window opening on Friday and Sunday's derby against Hearts.

It's believed the Black Cats are happy to give him a pay-off for the remainder of his contract, which ends in June. Other clubs are keen, including the Dons and St Johnstone.

But Ando, 31, is understood to prefer Hibs as he looks to bounce back from an injury-hit spell.  >:(

I'd hate to see him playing for another Scottish team as well, especially if he's as good as he was when he left.

Surely we'd need to get someone out if we were to bring him in though? Easier said than done.

Would think so and to be honest we have other areas that need attention first. Striker would be priority for any spare cash I would think.

Hmmmm. I'll take this with a pinch of salt. I'm lead to believe Anderson is looking at retiring soon and moving back home to Aberdeen to pursue a career in investment. Nevertheless, I wouldn't put it past someone like Anderson to sign for a club like Hibs and give them his all ... even when coming up against his beloved Dons - such is his phenomenal level of professionalism

Would think so and to be honest we have other areas that need attention first. Striker would be priority for any spare cash I would think.

Completely disagree Jute, our defence is the worst I've seen it for absolutely years and it needs to be addressed before any other part of the team is bolstered.

In a perfect world, I would have loved if it Anderson would not have played for any other SPL club. However, football is a business and a short career. For Russell, it is a good move. Hibs sitting comfortably 3rd and able to pay wages that apart from Hearts and the OF, nobody else can pay and at the stage of his career he is.

He will always be a Aberdeen legend for me and such is the professionalism of the man, I'm sure he will give his all for Hibs and conduct himself in a positive manner on his return to Pittodrie.

In a perfect world, I would have loved if it Anderson would not have played for any other SPL club. However, football is a business and a short career. For Russell, it is a good move. Hibs sitting comfortably 3rd and able to pay wages that apart from Hearts and the OF, nobody else can pay and at the stage of his career he is.

He will always be a Aberdeen legend for me and such is the professionalism of the man, I'm sure he will give his all for Hibs and conduct himself in a positive manner on his return to Pittodrie.

:clap:

I still hope it doesn't happen though!

If he's available then I'd snap him up ahead of any other player we've been linked with in other positions. Ifil looks like a younger blacker Bobby Mann which is alright for teams that just want their defenders to hoof the ball into the stands, Considine can be knocked off the ball if you stare at him hard enough and Zander is never fit.

We've had to put up with Foster, Duff and Mulgrew in central defence this season with little to shout about so it would be easy enough to justify. Considine could be pushed out to provide cover for Mulgrew if necessary. That would remove any need to sign Jim Paterson who I don't rate whatsoever.

A central defensive partnership of Anderson and Bamba could be the best in the league.

If he's available then I'd snap him up ahead of any other player we've been linked with in other positions. Ifil looks like a younger blacker Bobby Mann which is alright for teams that just want their defenders to hoof the ball into the stands, Considine can be knocked off the ball if you stare at him hard enough and Zander is never fit.

We've had to put up with Foster, Duff and Mulgrew in central defence this season with little to shout about so it would be easy enough to justify. Considine could be pushed out to provide cover for Mulgrew if necessary. That would remove any need to sign Jim Paterson who I don't rate whatsoever.

A central defensive partnership of Anderson and Bamba could be the best in the league.

:lolabove:

To put it subtly slim...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I would love to see him back here to shore up our defence but good luck to him if he goes to Hibs. Would be disapointed if we never atleast tried to get him back, but he may think that is a backward step or think the pressure would be too much with all the expectations that would be on his shoulders.

I'd not be surprised. He must want a game and probably wouldn't want to risk going back to aberdeen and fucking up his status by being crocked and/or worse than when he left. Not the same risk if he goes to a team like the HIVs.

As we say when folk leave us to go elsewhere, it's a short career...gotta do what's best for him and his family...yadda yadda.

Hughes saying not interested in signing Anderson in Edinburgh Evening News.

Pretty much what I meant earlier on.....copy and paste of said article

Also heard the story that Hibs have accepted a £2.5m bid from an English Premiership club for Sol Bamba ;)

Sunderland defender Russell Anderson will not be joining Hibs, says manager John Hughes

The 31-year-old has been frozen out at Sunderland and has been linked with a move to Easter Road, but Hughes was adamant the defender is not on his radar.

However, he disclosed he's intent on strengthening his squad over the coming weeks and didn't rule out having a new face on board in time for Sunday's derby against Hearts.

Hughes said: "I would like to think there will be something happening in the window but it certainly won't be Russell Anderson.

"There are specific targets but it is more about what positions we need. I want a squad where there's competition for places, two for each position."

However, Hughes made it clear that having brought the likes of Liam Miller and Anthony Stokes to Easter Road, he won't be making signings purely for the sake of it, stressing once again the delight he has enjoyed with the progress his current squad have made in the first half of the season.

He said: "When you come in as the manager of a club it is your name above the door so everything you do, you have to make sure will improve the club. I feel we have done that but it is an on-going process.

"It's a matter of everyone continually raising the bar and you are always looking to see who is going about and asking if he can enhance your squad and that's what I will be doing.

"I'm looking to bring good characters to Hibs but the most important thing is that they want to come to this club. I have always said 'there's only one Hibs but millions of players'."