Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

McGhee slaps £10m pricetag on Fyvie

I reckon this is an excellent move by McGhee. Hibs continually stick high pricetags on their players and earn decent fees from their sales. Likewise Hearts stuck a stupid price on Craig Gordon, and got pretty much all of that coin when Sunderland came a-calling.

If McGhee sticks this £10m tag on Fyvie ... SOMEONE with money to burn is gonna come sniffing.

Dons demand high Fyvie feeMcGhee determined to ward off Blackburn interest in teenage staralt=Dons demand high Fyvie fee width=218http://img.skysports.com/09/11/218x298/Fraser-Fyvie_2379962.jpg[/img] Fyvie: Blackburn link

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee has told Blackburn they will have to splash the cash if they want to prise away teenage star Fraser Fyvie.

Reports claim the English Premier League club have been scouting the 16-year-old midfielder, who has made the first-team breakthrough this season.

Fyvie has made seven Scottish Premier League appearances this term and the Dons are already trying to agree a new long-term deal with the youngster.

McGhee is looking to put Fyvie's contract in line with other first-teamers and warned he would only be going if Blackburn can meet the asking price.

"We have got Fraser under contract and we are negotiating to extend that," he said.Protection"That's not only from the point of view of protecting the club's position, but also from the point of view that Fraser is playing in the first team for youth-team money. That's not fair, so we are trying to address that on his behalf.

"If Blackburn or anyone else are interested, in the next couple of years we are going to be building a new stadium and £10million would help towards that.

"So, if they want him they can have him, I can assure you."

Fyvie is currently sidelined by an ankle injury but McGhee does not expect reports of potential suitors to go to his head when he returns to action.

"It's all to do with the people around him, what they are telling him and how they are reacting," added the Dons boss.

Flattered"But he's a fairly well-earthed boy. He'll read it and enjoy it and I think he'll be flattered. He might get excited.

"But he'll hear what I'm saying now and realise he's not going anywhere and that will be the end of it."

Meanwhile, McGhee may boost his squad with the signing of Ruaidhri Higgins.

The 25-year-old is available on an immediate free transfer from Derry City following their expulsion from the League of Ireland for contract irregularities.

"He is a midfield player who is on trial," said McGhee.

"As for any decisions, we have not even discussed it. He is training and we're looking at it him, and that's all."

Obviously the whole thing is firmly tongue in cheek, but good on Dingus nonetheless for throwing in a stupid figure.

My only real fear in all of this is that someone tests the water come Jan with a £250/£300k bid and our board snap their fucking hands off

My only real fear in all of this is that someone tests the water come Jan with a £250/£300k bid and our board snap their fucking hands off

I really don't think that's going to happen Al. They seem to be playing the game properly now by recognising we have to get these boys on long term deals to both keep them here, and to maximise our earning potential from them if the right bid was to come in.

Obviously the whole thing is firmly tongue in cheek, but good on Dingus nonetheless for throwing in a stupid figure.

As BB says, despite their previous failings, I don't think that this is going to happen this time around. He's far too good of a prospect and I think even the board realise that he is part of the future of the club. They've spent time and money and he's only 16. Here's hoping anyway :\

Good on him and why not £10 million?

James Milner at 22 has had two transfers to Newcastle for £4 million and Villa for £12 million.

Then again Aaron Lennon only cost Spurs £1 million.

I also like the way McGhee conveniently forgets about the £10 million debt and merely mentions it would be useful for the new stadium.

All very well slapping a £10m price tag on him, when we all know the board would sell for £500K.

If that happened I'd be very angry and would certainly organise some sort of protest outside the Main Stand. Who's with me? Fuck it I'm off down there now.

SACK THE BOARD!

If that happened I'd be very angry and would certainly organise some sort of protest outside the Main Stand. Who's with me? Fuck it I'm off down there now.

SACK THE BOARD!

I've got a drawer full of yellow post it notes here if you need them  ;)

The big question here is whether we can actually secure him long enough to get any decent money for him. If we are limited in terms of the length of contract we can offer then we become vulnerable to a hostile bid very quickly and the clock is already ticking on that score.

The good part of this is that he is currently earning youth team wages and playing in the first team. If we can step him up to full team wages by offering him a new contract then hopefully we can secure him for a further 2 years (is that the max we can offer until he is 18 ?). Beyond that I struggle to imagine him seeing his future with us.