Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

AGM tonight

Richard Donald Stand, 7pm.

You need to be a shareholder with an AGM attendance card to get in.

On a related note, what are the benefits of having shares? It was suggested as a christmas present, and I didn't know what the actual benefits were! Is it pretty pointless unless you have 260 shares?

Kowalski - maybe you could make a mobile post with what time refreshments will be served and I'll heid roond for some bourbon creams  :P

I seem to remember it was tea and coffee, and fuck all else last year.  Most of the crockery was broken after Rocket Scientist had finished saying his piece.

That was the dullest and shortest AGM I've been to.

Not a great deal to report:

• Quite a big turn out, much bigger than last year
  • I didn't see anyone voting against the re-election of Willie Miller, or any of the other directors who were up for re-election
  • Chris Gavin was challenged to prove what his achievements have been since joining the board.  His response included something about youth development  ???
  • Pawlett signed a 4.5 year contract this afternoon  :thumbsup:
  • There will be another three promotions to try and attract some more fans later this season.  Duncan Fraser pointed out that they can't dotoo many of these promotions as they would be viewed negatively by season ticket holders
  • There is money available in January and next summer if the right player(s) are found by McGhee (who was also in attendance)
  • Funding for the new stadium will be "new money" and it will be a challenge raising the funding (same story as last year's AGM)
  • They hope to have a museum in the new stadium
  • There will be training facilities at the new stadium
  • Some sort of fans forum is being set up to discuss and make sure the fans have an input on the stadium move (but Loirston is definitely the site)
  • Milne was walking with a limp  :o
  • Coffee, tea and cakes were served afterwards.  I never stayed. :wave:

All in all, it was pretty dull compared to last year's fireworks.

That was the dullest and shortest AGM I've been to.

Not a great deal to report:

• Quite a big turn out, much bigger than last year
  • I didn't see anyone voting against the re-election of Willie Miller, or any of the other directors who were up for re-election
  • Chris Gavin was challenged to prove what his achievements have been since joining the board.  His response included something about youth development  ???
  • Pawlett signed a 4.5 year contract this afternoon  :thumbsup:
  • There will be another three promotions to try and attract some morefans later this season.  Duncan Fraser pointed out that they can't dotoo many of these promotions as they would be viewed negatively byseason ticket holders
  • There is money available in January and next summer if the right player(s) are found by McGhee (who was also in attendance)
  • Funding for the new stadium will be "new money" and it will be a challenge raising the funding (same story as last year's AGM)
  • They hope to have a museum in the new stadium
  • There will be training facilities at the new stadium
  • Some sort of fans forum is being set up to discuss and make sure the fans have an input on the stadium move (but Loirston is definitely the site)
  • Milne was walking with a limp  :o
  • Coffee, tea and cakes were served afterwards.  I never stayed. :wave:

All in all, it was pretty dull compared to last year's fireworks.

4.5 years  :o

No, but I noticed they have a matchday special now, it was Lasagne Pies at the last game.

OOH, I knew they were doing haggis ones, was pretty gutted at the weekend, I had a chipper supper before the game and got in to the ground to see they done Balti pies, I managed to walk by without buying one :)

As a season ticket holder - I say, "fuck what the season ticket holders think!". It should be what's best for the business and fitba and atmosphere - not what a bunch of moanin faced season ticket holders think - and they are in the majority moanin faced. They'd view anything positive as negative - so fuck them.

Can there not be some sort of trade off or a sweetener for season ticket holders? Surely most season ticket holders realise something has to be done to get crowds in? Don't they? They'll moan about there being no crowds and a shite aptmoshere - so is it nae better for them to moan about somebody getting a cheap ticket in a fuller stadium with an increasing fan base? I never think the take-up for these promotions is that good anyway - it'd be interesting to see the figures.

As a season ticket holder I agree completely.

I also agree that the promotions always seem to fall flat.  Mainly, I believe, because they are always along the lines of: ST holders get a mate in for a fiver (mate sitting nowhere near ST holder); complicated family deal; they always suffer because folk have to buy tickets in advance, never an option to pay on the gate for these offers.  I remember a couple of matches in the early 00s where it was £5 for adults everywhere, ground was packed out each time.  Offers should be cheap, across the board, easy to understand and available on the day at the gate and not tied to a ST holder.....why would a non-ST holding mate want to take you up on the offer a cheap ticket only to sit at the other side of the stand from you?

Dons meeting is less than explosive

new stadium and accent on youth development are main points of annual business gathering

By MIchael Gannon

Published: 24/11/2009

“How disappointing was that?" Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee’s tongue was planted firmly in his cheek when he asked this rhetorically at the end of last night's annual meeting – but he had a point.

McGhee had perhaps expected some fireworks. Instead, he witnessed something of an expected damp squib with the meeting limping to a conclusion in little more than 30 minutes.

Inevitably, there was some questioning about investment in the team but the gathered shareholders and supporters already knew the answer.

This is Scottish football in 2009. Money to spend on players? Don’t be ridiculous.

The well has run dry and survival is the name of the game in these dark days.

When director of football Willie Miller was asked about cash being made available to strengthen the midfield and forward line, he quickly steered the answer on to youth development.

He said: “In the last five years the board and the club decided to really focus on youth football. When you talk about the midfield we have Fraser Fyvie and Peter Pawlett, who has just signed a four-and-half year deal. They will ensure that area has good players for a long time to come.

“Obviously, we will be looking at things after Christmas and in the summer to see how we can help Mark but I think we have seen already this season there are players who are capable of playing good, passing football, even though the results have not quite been what we would have liked."

A simple no would have sufficed.

The proposed new stadium at Loirston may still remain on the drawing board but it casts a huge shadow across Pittodrie these days.

Leaving the crumbling old ground behind will be a wrench to much of the support and the trek to get to the new out-of-city site is another contention.

That is even before the question of where the money to build it is going to come from has been addressed. That particular hurdle is for another day, however, although chairman Stewart Milne assured the meeting the funds would not come out of what remains of the football budget.

Following the collapse of the Setanta television deal, that is a pretty small pot and, just like the rest of the SPL, the Dons have to get on with it. Supporters are not daft and they are fully aware of the malaise over the game in this country.

In the meantime, the general message from the general meeting was the club is going to harvest youth and hope progress can be made on Loirston.

Director Chris Gavin was congratulated on forming the AFC Heritage Trust and reiterated his plans for a museum. The future may be uncertain but at least the past is being remembered.

The formalities of the annual meeting passed without incident. Directors Gavin, Ken Matheson and Willie Miller were voted back into office without opposition. Deloittes will remain auditors.