Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Egyptian Tournament Draw

The timetable for the Dons pre-season trip to Egypt was announced today and the Dons were drawn in-group A alongside hosts, Ettehad, Arab Contractors and Alumenem. The Ettehad 1st International Football Tournament gets underway on Wednesday 18th July and Aberdeen face Arab Contractors in the second tie of the day, which kicks off at 9:30 in the evening. The Dons then face Alumenem on Saturday 21st July before facing their hosts in the last group match on the Monday. These matches also kick off at 9:30.

The Final and the third/fourth play offs then take place on Thursday 26th July. Manager Jimmy Calderwood is pleased with the organisation of the tournament and is looking forward to the trip. He told RedWeb:

"We will be playing four games in Egypt. I was treated very well when I went over there earlier this year. I went over to check everything out and the fixtures are all in the evening, which is something I wanted. We also secured the training facilities that I asked for so I am sure the boys will enjoy it over there."

You can find out more about the tournament by visiting the official website. It will have all the up to date news on the tournament. Click here for more information.

The teams competing in the tournament are:

Group A : Etehad, Aberdeen, Arab Contractors, Alumenum.

Group B : Maritimo, Almasry, Petrojet, Egypt Telecom (Itisalat)

Good to know who we'll be playing now, even if I've never heard of any of the team except for the Portuguese side.

And here is the official tournament website - http://www.itthad.com/toureng.php

The timetable for the Dons pre-season trip to Egypt was announced today and the Dons were drawn in-group A alongside hosts, Ettehad, Arab Contractors and Alumenem. The Ettehad 1st International Football Tournament gets underway on Wednesday 18th July and Aberdeen face Arab Contractors in the second tie of the day, which kicks off at 9:30 in the evening. The Dons then face Alumenem on Saturday 21st July before facing their hosts in the last group match on the Monday. These matches also kick off at 9:30.

The Final and the third/fourth play offs then take place on Thursday 26th July. Manager Jimmy Calderwood is pleased with the organisation of the tournament and is looking forward to the trip. He told RedWeb:

"We will be playing four games in Egypt. I was treated very well when I went over there earlier this year. I went over to check everything out and the fixtures are all in the evening, which is something I wanted. We also secured the training facilities that I asked for so I am sure the boys will enjoy it over there."

You can find out more about the tournament by visiting the official website. It will have all the up to date news on the tournament. Click here for more information.

The teams competing in the tournament are:

Group A : Etehad, Aberdeen, Arab Contractors, Alumenum.

Group B : Maritimo, Almasry, Petrojet, Egypt Telecom (Itisalat)

Good to know who we'll be playing now, even if I've never heard of any of the team except for the Portuguese side.

And here is the official tournament website - http://www.itthad.com/toureng.php

Would it not have been cheaper and more challenging to just play Huntly half a dozen times instead?

Guest dundee_red

.....and I thought you had made up the team names on the fixture page,

Seems like another farcical pre-season in beckoning........

But as reekie say's, Jimmy will get a nice tan!

.....and I thought you had made up the team names on the fixture page,

Seems like another farcical pre-season in beckoning........

Being just back from Egypt, i can safely say there's no way on earth people should be playing football in that heat. We could barely sit out in it, let alone do anything. 46 degrees it hit one day! Coolest it got was 28 when we landed back at Hurghada airport after a day trip to Cairo, and that was at 11 pm...