Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Deal or no deal?

Saw on the EE website today that Hart and Foster are in talks over new deals.  Noticed we have a fair few out of contract at the end of the season.  Who do you think deserves a new contract and who doesn't?

Derek Soutar - No deal, never been a fan of him

Jamie Langfield - Deal but would like a goalkeeper of better ability to replace Soutar

Barry Nicholson - Deal, one of our best players last season

Steve Lovell - Deal, he can be our the goal scorer we need, just needs to stay fit

Lee Miller - Deal, think he'll be a better player for us next season

Chris Clark- Deal but would be nice to replace him with a more complete midfielder

Zander Diamond - Maybe, big chance for him now.  If hes still making an arse of himself by Xmas we may need to consider moving him on

Richie Byrne - NO DEAL!! Just heard hes injured again and out for 8 weeks, pish player as well

Richard Foster - 12 months ago I would have said no deal but I think hes useful to have in the squad

Michael Hart - Deal, can't afford to lose him since we lost Anderson.

Could have listed Brewster as well but who'd be daft enough to say hes worth an extend playing deal beyond December!

Soutar probably the only one we can afford to let go. The rest? Sign them up on 5-year deals and have everyone on at least a £300k get-out clause. Do what Hibs do. I'm sick of us losing half-decent players for peanuts (and less sometimes). Everyone in our senior squad aside from Derek Soutar is worth at least £300k. If we can get near that for any players leaving to Barcelona, Sunderland or St Johnstone, then I'd be a wee bit happier.

Soutar probably the only one we can afford to let go. The rest? Sign them up on 5-year deals and have everyone on at least a £300k get-out clause. Do what Hibs do. I'm sick of us losing half-decent players for peanuts (and less sometimes). Everyone in our senior squad aside from Derek Soutar is worth at least £300k. If we can get near that for any players leaving to Barcelona, Sunderland or St Johnstone, then I'd be a wee bit happier.

Langfield isn't worth a fuck - a goalkeeper who makes the basic errors he makes is as much use as a chocolate fireman.  Calderwood has made a massive error in judgement here. Langfield, we are told, was on his last warning about discipline, then there's the incident in Spain and Langfield's out the door... but that isn't the case at all is it?

It sends out the wrong signals to the rest of the squad. Calderwood has basically backed down on this and Langfield should have been sacked in my opinion, as I would say his position has become untenable. Is it any wonder that clowns like Zander Diamond are constantly out on the piss if this is the attitude of his manager? 

Anyway, on the subject of the contract talks... need to get Hart, Lovell and Nicholson signed up asap. Foster and Clark are deserving of new contracts, Miller has much to prove this season but I think he'll come good but he really has to get his finger out.

However, this is a massive season for Zander Diamond. His minder has gone and it's time he took responsibility and started playing the way we know he can play. If he doesnt, then it's out the door, or, he's offered a contract on the same terms. He won't get a better club than the Dons and he should realise that.

Byrne, Soutar and Brewster should be shown the door. Soutar has been told he'll be No.1, but I have a feeling it will be that clown Langfield in goals come Tannadice.

Saw on the EE website today that Hart and Foster are in talks over new deals.  Noticed we have a fair few out of contract at the end of the season.  Who do you think deserves a new contract and who doesn't?

Derek Soutar - No deal, never been a fan of him

Jamie Langfield - Deal but would like a goalkeeper of better ability to replace Soutar

Barry Nicholson - Deal, one of our best players last season

Steve Lovell - Deal, he can be our the goal scorer we need, just needs to stay fit

Lee Miller - Deal, think he'll be a better player for us next season

Chris Clark- Deal but would be nice to replace him with a more complete midfielder

Zander Diamond - Maybe, big chance for him now.  If hes still making an arse of himself by Xmas we may need to consider moving him on

Richie Byrne - NO DEAL!! Just heard hes injured again and out for 8 weeks, pish player as well

Richard Foster - 12 months ago I would have said no deal but I think hes useful to have in the squad

Michael Hart - Deal, can't afford to lose him since we lost Anderson.

Could have listed Brewster as well but who'd be daft enough to say hes worth an extend playing deal beyond December!

i'd give Hart, Nicholson, Clark, Miller and Lovell new deals.

Soutar Diamond and Foster i would wait and see how they do at the begining of the season

Lagfield and Byrne can eff off.

Langfield isn't worth a fuck - a goalkeeper who makes the basic errors he makes is as much use as a chocolate fireman.

I have never been a fan of him either, mate. I've only seen him a couple of times for the Dons, but remember him well from his Dunfermline and Dundee days. And I don't like him. But if Alex McLeish sees fit to nominate him as Scotland's backup keeper, then surely that's got to add a bit of value to him ... regardless of how shit he really is. £300k ain't a bad asking price for Scotland's Number Two! ("number two" is a pseudonym for shite. Funny how things turn out, eh?!)

You ken fit the sad part on Lanfield is?

If his agent is anything like John Viola, he's gonna look at this past year's and say summit to the effect of "Well he was #2 in goals against and that got you into Europe... blah blah blah... I think he's worthy of Craig Gordon Wages".

::) ::)::)

:hammer:

Talking of auld scrotum sack, we don't really hear much from John Viola these days, do we?! Back in the day (early 2000s) every player he represented seemed to be "on their way to huge clubs on huge wages" ... only for Fergushun to go to Blackburn, Winters and Charlie Miller to go to Brann, Dadi to go to Livi, Whyte to go to Partick, and Adamczuk to languish in the Rangers reserves for five seasons.

I take it by the lack of updates on his website (www.violafc.com) that things ain't going that well down ViolaFC ways!

• 2 weeks later...