Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Peterhead = Dons Rejects

Just reading on afc.co.uk about young Nicky Clark, who is on loan to the Blu Toon scoring for Peterhead at the weekend.  Went to the Peterhead website to see the goal (nice place shot from the edge of the box) I had a wee look at their squad and it is almost entirely ex-Dons. In the current 1st squad:

Jonathan Bateman (keeper) On Loan from Aberdeen

David Donald - Signed 2007 from Aberdeen

Stuart Smith - signed from Aberdeen in Jan 2009, following two loan spells

Neil McVitie - Joined Peterhead on loan from Aberdeen in Jan 2008, and the move was made permanent at the end of that season

Ryan Strachan - A summer capture from Celtic, who can play in defence or midfield. Started his career with Aberdeen and won the Clydesdale Bank Rising Star award for Feb 2008.

Jonathan Smith - Former Aberdeen and Wigan Athletic player

David Ross - Signed on loan from Aberdeen in Mar 2008, and a permanent addition to the squad four months later

John Stewart - (you can still sponsor him you know)

Scott Michie -

Out of a listed 1st Team squad of 19 that is 9 ex-dons!

Not sure if I would call them rejects as that is a bit harsh.

Most likely that they have found their level in professional football.

I went to see Cove v Peterhead last night (5-1 Peterhead) and i thought that Donald and Biscuit played very well. Saying that I always thought that they (in particular) would go on to bigger things with the Dons but alas it was not to be. Some good saves from Bateman also.

STAND FREE!!

Just reading on afc.co.uk about young Nicky Clark, who is on loan to the Blu Toon scoring for Peterhead at the weekend.  Went to the Peterhead website to see the goal (nice place shot from the edge of the box) I had a wee look at their squad and it is almost entirely ex-Dons. In the current 1st squad:

Jonathan Bateman (keeper) On Loan from Aberdeen

David Donald - Signed 2007 from Aberdeen

Stuart Smith - signed from Aberdeen in Jan 2009, following two loan spells

Neil McVitie - Joined Peterhead on loan from Aberdeen in Jan 2008, and the move was made permanent at the end of that season

Ryan Strachan - A summer capture from Celtic, who can play in defence or midfield. Started his career with Aberdeen and won the Clydesdale Bank Rising Star award for Feb 2008.

Jonathan Smith - Former Aberdeen and Wigan Athletic player

David Ross - Signed on loan from Aberdeen in Mar 2008, and a permanent addition to the squad four months later

John Stewart - (you can still sponsor him you know)

Scott Michie -

Out of a listed 1st Team squad of 19 that is 9 ex-dons!

Is it no 10?

I'd say its more worrying that the same Peterhead side had us 2-0 down after 15 minutes in a pre-season match earlier in the year. Its perhaps a case of us finding our level rather than our ex-players finding theirs!

I think we have enough to be worrying about results in competitive games without worrying about pre season games.

I'd say its more worrying that the same Peterhead side had us 2-0 down after 15 minutes in a pre-season match earlier in the year. Its perhaps a case of us finding our level rather than our ex-players finding theirs!

They beat us 4-0 the year before when we had a full strength side out...

As someone who has seen peterhead play on a few occasions I can confirm that some of these players have not found the level they should be playing at. Many could go on to star with such luminaries as The Broch or Cove in the highland league such is their outstanding lack of ability on the football field. John Stewart has found his level though after many a year of searching.