Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sick dons fans steal scarf from grannies shocker!

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1460382?UserKey=

Who in their right mind would pinch an Aberdeen scarf?

women who spent 50 hours knitting it devastated

By Calum Ross

Published: 30/10/2009

A GIANT Aberdeen football scarf has been stolen from the Skye Bridge after it was knitted for charity by a group of elderly women.

Police in the Highlands have appealed for information after the 14ft Dons scarf vanished. It is believed it was taken between 11pm on Sunday and 11am on Monday.

Five women from the Loch Court sheltered housing complex in Aberdeen spent about 50 hours knitting the scarf.

It was hung from the bridge on Friday, alongside knitting and crochet from around the world, as part of the Homecoming Scotland “stitches on the bridge†project.

Vera Rigby, 65, of Loch Court, was shocked when she heard it had vanished.

She said: “I am devastated that somebody’s pinched it. Who in their right mind would pinch an Aberdeen scarf?â€

Mrs Rigby and four friends began the project in June, after a suggestion from Aberdeen City Council community arts officer Margaret Stewart.

“We had done various knitting projects over the last year-and-a-half,†said Ms Stewart.

“I saw an article about a group looking to cover the Skye Bridge in knitting as part of Homecoming Scotland.

“We thought we would knit a big piece that would stand out. We thought we would do a big, red scarf that says ‘Aberdeen’ on it.

“Once it came off the bridge it was to be auctioned for groups in Skye. It’s a shame because we won’t be able to raise money for charities.â€

“I was shocked that somebody would want to steal it.

Alison Orr, an organiser of the “stitches on the bridge†project, said: “I went for a walk along the bridge and I noticed there was a gap. We could see there were traces of red and white yarn left.

“Everything was attached to the bridge with cable ties. The cable ties had been cut.â€

An Aberdeen Football Club spokesman said: “It’s really disappointing for the women.

“The club were not involved in the project, but we were happy to have them at Pittodrie when it was unveiled. It’s a pretty shocking incident.â€

:lolabove:

WOOHOOO

Wrapped up: case of stolen 14ft scarf

police recover giant weave for charity

By Calum Ross

Published: 03/11/2009

A GIANT Aberdeen football scarf has been found just days after it was stolen from the Skye Bridge.

The 14ft Dons tribute disappeared last week after being knitted for charity by a group of elderly women from Aberdeen.

The Press and Journal highlighted the theft on Friday and the scarf was recovered by police at Kyle of Lochalsh the next day.

A member of the public is thought to have spotted the scarf at a garage and alerted Northern Constabulary. It was undamaged but damp from the rain.

Blanche Flaxman, 74, of Granitehill Court sheltered housing complex in Aberdeen, had spent around 50 hours knitting the scarf with four friends from Loch Court sheltered housing complex.

delight

She said: “We are delighted. A lot of work had gone into it and we were quite proud.

“I was shocked when I heard it had been taken. We were disappointed.â€

The scarf had been hung from the Skye Bridge alongside knitting and crochet from around the world, as part of the Homecoming Scotland “stitches on the bridge†project, before vanishing two days later.

A Northern Constabulary spokeswoman said inquiries were ongoing.

Aberdeen City Council community arts officer Margaret Stewart suggested the group of women knit the scarf for the project, before it was to be auctioned off in aid of Skye charities.

She said: “Apparently someone had spotted it when they were driving home from work, not that far from Kyle police station.

“The police had been alerted and so they took it in and it seems to have been none the worse from its adventure, just a little bit soggy from the weather.

“I was under the impression it had been left out to be found.â€

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1466084?UserKey=#ixzz0VmbdSPFS

:AFC2:

How'd you know it was "sick dons fans" that nicked it anyway, no as if one of us would nick it to wear at a game?

Don't you realise Aberdeen fans are the most sick and debauched fans in the universe?

For instance on Saturday a sick Aberdeen fan dressed up as Michael Jackson to mock the youth of Leith who have all been molested by their fathers and uncles, luckily he go what he deserved. To compound that disgraceful Aberdonian behaviour another sick fan dressed up as a sheep and selfishly contracted foot-in- mouth disease on a train putting the lives of innocent women and children at risk. Thankfully a brave person stepped up and incinerated him saving the rest of the passengers lives.

Don't you realise Aberdeen fans are the most sick and debauched fans in the universe?

For instance on Saturday a sick Aberdeen fan dressed up as Michael Jackson to mock the youth of Leith who have all been molested by their fathers and uncles, luckily he go what he deserved. To compound that disgraceful Aberdonian behaviour another sick fan dressed up as a sheep and selfishly contracted foot-in- mouth disease on a train putting the lives of innocent women and children at risk. Thankfully a brave person stepped up and incinerated him saving the rest of the passengers lives.

;)