Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Alan Maybury - Worth A look?

I agree with you Big_Al, he made his feelings known by choosing not to sign for us. Though it's not like we've never accepted players after they've turned us down once or twice before.

Maybe it was due to the manager?

I agree with big al though, Maybury who had a couple of games would have been a great signing had he been fully fit and wanted to come here.

Guest ally s

I'd be against it tbh.  *puts tin hat on* I think Foster's been doing a good enough job at right back. Give it a year or two and hopefully we'll se the likes of Jonathan Crawford etc fulfill some of their potential and make the right back slot their own.

In all honesty I didn't think Maybury was anything particularly special when he was here, add to the fact he'll be on a decent wage.  When I say decent I mean in comparison to other members for the AFC squad.

I'd be against it tbh.  *puts tin hat on* I think Foster's been doing a good enough job at right back. Give it a year or two and hopefully we'll se the likes of Jonathan Crawford etc fulfill some of their potential and make the right back slot their own.

In all honesty I didn't think Maybury was anything particularly special when he was here, add to the fact he'll be on a decent wage.  When I say decent I mean in comparison to other members for the AFC squad.

Isn't Fozzy playing at CB? ;) But yeah he was doing fine at RB.

I agree, I thought thats what Big_Al was alluding more to, that he wasn't anything special when he has here, tried to get a bigger wage (fair play to him) but failed and is suffering because of it. I have very little sympathy for him and don't think he would justify a probable higher wage.

He wasn't flash in any way. But he was consistent, I'll give him that much. Dunno if I really want him back though. And it's not the "he's turned us down several times already" problem, cos Lee Miller turned us down three times prior to signing for us. Stevie Crawford counted four times before signing us!!!

I just think there's youngsters who'd relish the chance to show what they can do in that position who would be far more committed to the cause than Maybury would be, and for a fraction of the wage.