Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Any News?

Aberdeen FC manager McGhee set for D-Day swoop

Attacker key for AFC boss

Published: 01/09/2009

THE clock was today ticking as Aberdeen FC manager Mark McGhee looked to strengthen his squad before the 5pm transfer deadline.

Sources confirmed the Aberdeen FC boss was looking to land a creative right-sided midfielder or striker.

But with limited budgets Aberdeen FC McGhee said it was likely to be a loan signing for a rising young talent.

McGhee said: “I’ve been looking at young players at other clubs who are available as their manager wants them to get some experience.

“Ideally, we need to strengthen the right side of the team.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Aberdeen FC's Mark has to look outside Scotland

ABERDEEN FC manager Mark McGhee today admitted the top talent in Scotland's lower divisions is out of Aberdeen's reach.

The transfer window will close at 5pm this afternoon and so far Aberdeen FC boss McGhee has made three signings, all from outside this country.

Keeper Stuart Nelson and defender Jerel Ifil have both moved north from England, while Italian full-back Davide Grassi was tracked down in Spain.

Financial constraints mean Aberdeen FC's McGhee is unable to even scour the First Division for new recruits.

This makes depressing reading! :(

I'd doubt anything is going to happen now TBF. Maybe we'll see a couple of out of contract players in the next few days. Did I also read we can make use of the emergency loan system? If so I suppose the possibility of someone like Steve McLean on a 3 month loan wouldn't be out of the question.