Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Mo Camara to Pittodrie

Source - Daily Record

Aberdeen bid for St Mirren veteran Mo Camara hits player swap swag

Aug 26 2009

ABERDEEN manager Mark McGhee is trying to convince Mo Camara his future lies at Pittodrie and has offered midfielder Derek Young to SPL rivals St Mirren in a straight swap deal.

Saints, however, want a defender to replace 34-year-old Camara and McGhee fears he may have problems persuading his players to leave the Dons for pastures new.

The Reds boss said: "Derek is one of those who could find himself considered as part of a trade for another player. I want other players in before the Motherwell game.

"You need options and it is a case of working out the best deals because we don't have a lot of resources.

"That includes considering swap deals. There are a few players who haven't featured much who we would consider trading but the players may not want to leave us at this time.

"None of my star players will be leaving before the transfer window unless someone comes in with a crazy bid.

"But of course there are lesser members who have not played as much under me who I would have to consider if we could trade them."

It's just last nights evening express (bullshit) story - regurgitated with an additional lie added to make it look like they didn't just re-write last nights paper for their own rag. Happens every day - nae worth reading, never mind posting  ;)

Consider myself reprimanded Mr Jager ;)

No, No, No. Mo Camara is utter shite and not at all what we should be thinking about  >:D

If we get rid of Chung, surely there must be a better alternative. We'd be better off with swapping him for a good first division player of better ability (we should really have signed Harkins when he was on offer at £100,000) who would relish SPL life at the Dons rather than than a player of Camara's age and limited talented. FS, he's not even fit  :hammer: