Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ungrateful Sunderland fans

http://www.ftmforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8882

Couldnae believe what I was reading on this ftmforum. The Sunderland fans have already written Big Russell off! Fuck, if you don't want him, we'll GLADLY take him back.

One guy in particular complained that, if Russell was as good as Keane says, why didn't one of the big Premiership guys snap him up before his 28th birthday. Erm, cos we never let him go, that's why!!!

This signing urks me immensely:

(1) he's left us in our most crucial season in over a decade

(2) we only got £1m for a player that even some Sunderland fans admit is valued at closer to £4m!!!

(3) our star player who we love so dearly is getting dog's abuse from his new club before he's even gone to the press-photocall

This transfer makes me sick. The only good thing to come out of it is the fact that Russell donated his sign-on fee to the Aberdeen youth system. Legend!!!!

http://www.ftmforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8882

Couldnae believe what I was reading on this ftmforum. The Sunderland fans have already written Big Russell off! Fuck, if you don't want him, we'll GLADLY take him back.

One guy in particular complained that, if Russell was as good as Keane says, why didn't one of the big Premiership guys snap him up before his 28th birthday. Erm, cos we never let him go, that's why!!!

This signing urks me immensely:

(1) he's left us in our most crucial season in over a decade

(2) we only got £1m for a player that even some Sunderland fans admit is valued at closer to £4m!!!

(3) our star player who we love so dearly is getting dog's abuse from his new club before he's even gone to the press-photocall

This transfer makes me sick. The only good thing to come out of it is the fact that Russell donated his sign-on fee to the Aberdeen youth system. Legend!!!!

Gutted by this piece of business.

It's not a nice thought, granted, but I'm hoping the Sunderland fans don't take to him, the manager keeps him on the bench, he fails to make an impression on the EPL and we get him back for free/buttons in a year or two.

Financially I think he's accepted an offer he couldn't refuse, but by the same token I have the feeling we got LESS than a million for him and we didn't even TRY to fight to keep him.

Well, obviously we didn't, and that's what makes it even harder to take.

I said on the Hat earlier that they don't deserve him, they are pretty arrogant about it all. I suspect he may end up returning to us at some point, I reckon he'll get homesick. Model pro as he is he's an Aberdeen lad and lived there for 28 years - and family etc obviously from there. Give him 2 seasons and he'll be back. (Look at Jackie Mac). ;)

I said on the Hat earlier that they don't deserve him, they are pretty arrogant about it all. I suspect he may end up returning to us at some point, I reckon he'll get homesick. Model pro as he is he's an Aberdeen lad and lived there for 28 years - and family etc obviously from there. Give him 2 seasons and he'll be back. (Look at Jackie Mac). ;)

that and the NorthEast of England is full of more hoor poofs and junkies than Edinburgh

Guest Sebastien

I'll ignore some of the vitriol spouted towards Sunderland fans and the area in order to try and give you a view on Russell's signing from a SAFC fan.

In all fairness that forum you've linked too is a pretty odd one and seems to have a small following. The main one, www.readytogo.net/smb is by far the largest and you'll see that Russell's arrival as (in the majority) been well recieved. A few Dons fans have come on to give us a cracking idea of what to expect and have been greeted well instead of the usual "fuck off.." that most football boards seem to offer  ;)

A small minority might have bemoaned the fact he's not a "superstar" but that will mostly boil down to them being fecking ignorant about other teams and leagues rather that Anderson's skills as a footballer.

Don't worry lads, Russell won't get stick off the fans, a lot of them see him as a bargain signing who is dependable.

By the way, sorry about that shower called Dan Smith... nobody deserves to be lumbered with that shower, pack him off to Yeovil!!!!  :hammer:

Guest Sebastien

that and the NorthEast of England is full of more hoor poofs and junkies than Edinburgh

I can only presume you are talking about Ne*cas*le there mate  ;)

Guest innesciver

I spoke to a Sunderland fan last night who thought Anderson was a great signing and would add some creative influence to their MIDFIELD!!!!  When I pointed out he was the most consistent defender in the SPL for the last few seasons, he said it was a waste of money !

I spoke to a Sunderland fan last night who thought Anderson was a great signing and would add some creative influence to their MIDFIELD!!!!  When I pointed out he was the most consistent defender in the SPL for the last few seasons, he said it was a waste of money !

:cardred: :cardred: :wino:

I sincerely hope we have added a %age for any future transfer, cos if he cuts it down there, the next fee for him will be a lot more than million. i'm still devastated he's one, but glad he went south to where he will hopefully shine and get into the scotland set up. Shame we didn't get to wish him all the best at the end of a game. Hopefully he'll be up for the scotland v. South Africa match that's been mooted for pittodrie though.