Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New Captain?

Guest innesciver

Guest innesciver

Not only have we lost our best player for the last few seasons but also a inspirational captain.  Who is going to replace Russ???  I think Seve is the man for the job.

I think Nicholson and Hart are perhaps still a wee bit immature to carry the captain's armband. Severin and McNamara have their feet firmly on the ground, and my bet is between one of these two guys. Our worst captain in recent memory was Darren Young. He was a spoilt little brat, and he couldnae lead a dog on a leash, nevermind the Aberdeen first-team.

I'd like someone like Hart or Nicholson, don't get me wrong. But my money is on McNamara or Seve.

Guest kilahun

I think it gives out the wrong signals if we give a player who hasnt even played one game for us yet the armband.  We have to give it to someone who knows what it means to play for the dons! Hart, Nicholson or Seve should be only candidates.

JC says in todays Metro that the captaincy will be decided in Egypt, and that it's up for grabs.

My money's on Hart.

Tbh, I think whoever Jimmy chooses, he will choose for the right reasons. Whatever you might think of his tactics or personality or whatever, he's canny, and pretty sure he will choose the right person for the job, whoever that might be. Remember he sees them day in day out, knows their attitudes and personalities better than us. We can be sure Langfield won't get it though. ;)

• 11 months later...