Saturday 27th April 2024: Ā kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

FAO Lee Miller

Miller was woeful yesterday. If he puts that much effort in the next couple of games I hope to fuck MM will drop him. You can't even blame it for being marked out of the game or lack of service. The smeltic defence didn't even have to worry about marking him because he never went to the ball. Miller must do better.Ā  :hammer:

Fingers crossed, but if they're going on yesterday's showing I don't see why they'd want a lazy cunt, considering they've just got rid of Mido:

Ā 

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/spl/aberdeen-fc/2009/08/16/middlesbrough-to-launch-700k-bid-for-aberdeen-hitman-lee-miller-78057-21600468/

Ā 

Middlesbrough are set to launch a ƂĀ£700,000 raid for Aberdeen's Lee Miller.

Ā 

The Scotland striker was watched by the Championship side during Dons' 3-1 defeat to Celtic but didn't get the chance to shine leaving boss Mark McGhee gutted.

Ā 

McGhee said: "We didn't cope with Celtic's movement and Maloney's pace in the first half.

Ā 

"We had a back four playing together for the first time. I think they have potential but need time.

Ā 

"We did work harder in the second half. We'll work on things this week for next weekend's game against Hamilton."

Ā 

On a broader scale McGhee expressed concerns about the financial state of the Scottish game.

Ā 

He needs players but his hands are tied and said: "How many can I get in? I think we've the budget to bring in one more player.

Ā 

"There's a gulf quickly growing between the Old Firm and ourselves in terms of finances. We now can't even compete for players in the Championship. It's first division for us.

Ā 

"Scottish football has lost Steven Fletcher, David Clarkson and Paul Quinn and replaced them with guys from Swindon and a lower level. That's got to impact on the quality of Scottish football.

Ā 

"I know where there are players who'll improve my team but I can't possibly get them. Only English teams can afford them.

Ā 

"They can also pay five times the wages down there. It's killing us."

I think selling Miller would be a bad move.

Ā 

We'd be another player down, with no evidence of a suitable replacement. Granted he had a shite game for us yesterday but he's one of the only players that can resemble a striker (on occasion). However, he also does a great impression of a traffic cone.

Ā 

You just know that any fee we'd get would disappear into the same black hole that the fee from Anderson and Clark went into.

The quotes do however suggest that Duff will be reappearing at right back and also seem quite insulting to Jerel Ifil considering the way he refers to Swindon level players clearly weakening the quality of the scottish league.

Ā 

And why does our budget fluctuate so much? one minute we can get in 4 or 5 players but then we can only get a max 2.

Ā 

I would appreciate if the noises coming out of Aberdeen were consistant. By all means, state one ambition and then fail to deliver but don't state dozens of conflicting ambitions and then fail to deliver on ALL of them.

Ā 

It's almost as if the club don't give a fuck about the fans. Can't be that though eh?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We'd be another player down, with no evidence of a suitable replacement. Granted he had a shite game for us yesterday but he's one of the only players that can resemble a striker (on occasion). However, he also does a great impression of a traffic cone.

Ā 

You just know that any fee we'd get would disappear into the same black hole that the fee from Anderson and Clark went into.

Ā 

Any offer ofover ƂĀ£500k should be snapped up.

We all know if we don't get cash now, he'll walk for nothing next summer

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We all know what Miller is capable of, but bar a period of sustained good form he has mainly been a hugely frustrating player for us and basically proven to be rather disinterested a lot of the time. As Al says, he can walk (something he does too much of on the park) for nothing next summer, if we can get cash for him we should take it and be grateful I reckon.

I'm sure ƂĀ£700K would go a long way to buying/signing onother defender, midfielder and we'd find a forward as well!

Ā 

McGhee did say that, for the good of the team someone might have to go.....so maybe he knows something?Ā  Miller is an International after al

Ā 

Don't worry, no-one is stupid enough to pay that much for him. On his day Miller is a great forward, but it seems to occur less and less now. I was hoping that the change in manager might reignite his passion. It is early days yet, but I don't see it happening, just doesn't seem to be bothered. As someone else said, i'd be surprised if McGhee saw much of any cash made from a sale.

If he is going to persist with miller upfront it has to be paton to partner him, mackie and maguire just dont look like they want to put in the required effort to play upfront with miller, Had a much better look about us with paton on roughing up the defence. Hopefully lessons learned for hamilton game.

Ā 

Think miller has to play - He is our main striker

There's surely no way anyone would pay for him on saturday's showing. What a frustrating, lazy mofo he was then. Can't rememeber him even trying to get a ball half the time, the celtic defenders should be returning their wage for that game as they didn't have to do much.

Ā 

He's annoying enough most of the time with the tumbling over a blade of grass malarkey, and i swear i've never seen him break into a sprint yet, but yesterday i didn';t see an ounce of fight or determination from him. There was at least one break we had, where he should have been pelting into the box, only for him to amble forward at snail's pace and the chance was gone.

Ā 

At least when paton came on we saw a forward that was willing to work. Lee miller can gtf, quite frankly, I'd take any money we can get for him (and mackie and maguire too while we're at it).

Ā 

All this talk of league 1 players lowering the skill level is amusing too, Ifil looked a lot more up for it and skillful than some most of our regulars.

Miller should be fighting for a move away from Aberdeen this season. He's got a number of clubs with one eye on him. I suppose his history is to play for whoever offers him the most cash.

Ā 

But I'd like to think we'd bite Middlesbrough's hand off if they offered ƂĀ£700k. Reckon McGhee would be able to do plenty with that.