Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Trialists set to face Hull

Manager Mark McGhee confirmed that two new trialists would be arriving at the club this weekend and both will make an appearance against Hull on Sunday. 26 year-old Rohan Ricketts started his career at Arsenal as well as playing for Tottenham, Wolves and Barnsley. The forward has recently returned from Toronto FC and is a free agent.

Craig Rocastle is the second trialist. He has played for Chelsea, Sheffield Wednesday, Oldham and Port Vale. He had a successful loan spell at Hibernian in season 2004-05 and the midfielder is also a free agent. Hear more from Mark on RedTV Now.

Rocastle was alright at Hibs wasn't he?

David Rocastle we had on trial several years ago. See below.

In 1994-95, Rocastle played in nearly 40 games for Chelsea and scored two goals in the European Cup Winners Cup, in which Chelsea reached the semi finals and lost to eventual winners Zaragoza by a single goal. The following season his injuries returned and he played just one more game for the club, in October 1995 against Blackburn, although he remained on the club's pay roll until his contract expired in the summer of 1998. In 1996-97, after a summer trial at Hertha BSC Berlin and a similar spell at Aberdeen, Rocastle was loaned out to Norwich City and in 1997-98 had a brief spell on loan to Hull City in Division Three, but nothing came of either spell and both times he ended up back in the Stamford Bridge reserve team.

Craig Rocastle looked to be a very good player at Hibs but seemed to tail off spectacularly when he went back to England.

I'm shocked Rohan Ricketts is only 26, seems to have been around for a lot longer than his age suggests.

I'm shocked he is now a striker! Looked a tidy midfielder at Spurs.

I'm shocked he is now a striker! Looked a tidy midfielder at Spurs.

yeah, i always thought he was a right mid.  good player - but are these the players that we need??

Probably yes  - but CBx2 and RB or LB are far more important.

yeah, i always thought he was a right mid.  good player - but are these the players that we need??

Probably yes  - but CBx2 and RB or LB are far more important.

You're not wrong but I'm just pleased that we're getting in some new faces!