Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McGhee: Scots stars are too fucking lazy

MARK McGHEE has threatened to make Aberdeen players train all next summer after branding Scottish stars 'f*****g lazy'.

Dons boss McGhee's amazing outburst came in response to his side's humiliating 5-1 thrashing by Sigma Olomouc.

Now McGhee insists he could cancel his Pittodrie flops' summer holidays next year. He rapped: "There's an argument that we should move our season.

"But there's another argument, which is we're all too f***ing lazy and that we've really got to be back training in the middle of June.

"I can assure you that if we find ourselves in Europe next season we will be training for six weeks before the first game. We've got to find a different way of doing it and be prepared to do more.

"Maybe players coming in or signing new contracts should be told next year they will be in ALL summer.

"Players might just get two weeks holiday, but everyone else gets just a two week holiday.

"Somewhere along the lines we've got to sacrifice something if we're going to make things better. Competitions have changed and the European set-up has changed so we've got to consider things.

"I've not studied it in depth, but I think there should be a proper audit of the game in Scotland.

"I thought Henry McLeish might be able to do that, give us answers to what happens in other countries that have summer seasons.

"What happens to their TV, advertising and gates.

"All of these things need to be looked at and it needs to be done right."

well we could try learning how to play fucking football and how to defend.

What should be happening, as this ridiculously early start to the season will be here to stay is finish the league earlier and start earlier....I mean we don't start till the 15th August this year FFS.

Start in early - mid July, finish beginning of May with the cup final the May Day weekend

We need to replace almost the whole team. I have never seen such a bunch of unprofessional, unfit, lazy, spineless, talentless, guttless losers ever. They are a total joke. Sigma might be better than QPR, QoTS or even Dunfermline but lets not get away from the fact they were average at best. They didn't horse us up the arse because they were good the horsed us up the arse because we were so god awful.

Clangers and Aluko are the exceptions, Concidine, Duff, Kerr, Miller, Mackie, Dung - what can you say? These guys are not good enough to be paid to play football. A fucking steaming pile of shit that lot.

We need to replace almost the whole team. I have never seen such a bunch of unprofessional, unfit, lazy, spineless, talentless, guttless losers ever. They are a total joke. Sigma might be better than QPR, QoTS or even Dunfermline but lets not get away from the fact they were average at best. They didn't horse us up the arse because they were good the horsed us up the arse because we were so god awful.

Clangers and Aluko are the exceptions, Concidine, Duff, Kerr, Miller, Mackie, Dung - what can you say? These guys are not good enough to be paid to play football. A fucking steaming pile of shit that lot.

I would put them in the exceptions as well. If we were to build a team it should be around those and McDonald.

I based that list on three factors - skill, effort and professionalism. All those players failed on the latter two catagories - there was a lack of effort against Sigma and the sheer unprofessionalism of those players to allow themselves to become so unfit during the close season was a disgrace and an insult to the punters dumb enough to pay at the gate.