Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dire Defending...More Like Woeful Writing

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of mistakes in football reports these days.  I noticed one in both The Press and Journal and Daily Record on Friday morning.

The latter stated in the results round-up that subsitute Kascak scored the fifth not Horava and the P&J claimed on the back page that Petr netted number three, yet in the match analysis on the inside it was apparently Janotka which hit the third.

Shoddy, shoddy work.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of mistakes in football reports these days.  I noticed one in both The Press and Journal and Daily Record on Friday morning.

The latter stated in the results round-up that subsitute Kascak scored the fifth not Horava and the P&J claimed on the back page that Petr netted number three, yet in the match analysis on the inside it was apparently Janotka which hit the third.

Shoddy, shoddy work.

Add to that

'This is the worst home defeat in Europe since the 3-1 defeat to Torino'

Shoddy, shoddy work.

You'd know all about woeful writing.

Woeful. The spelling is f-a-i-r.

Yer right though, Seebass. These papers are always full of inaccuracies. The thing to remember is they rely on the majority of the readership nae to have a clue what's going on. Importantly, many of the readership will have forgotten the back page by the time they read the rest of the article. You can blame Big Brother and Alcopops for that. And of course Jimmy Calderwood  ;)

Fayre enough Yager.

These papers are always full of inaccuracies

Like the Mirror Group papers. If in doubt, wheel out the Toastergate fiasco. I saw it cropped up again in The Mirror a few days ago. Couldnae believe it.

It was a fuckin dodgy toaster that was a fire-hazard. It was apparently replaced the following day with a new one!! Bet you the Mirror Group didn't bother reporting that one, eh? Course not. Then they'd have one less crap-ola story to wheel out about the Dons to keep their knuckle-dragging readership amused.

FYI - I only read the Mirror headlines because they appear on the newsnow newsfeeds everysooften.