Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Russell wants to stay

The SkySports website is quoting Russell as saying he wants to stay at Aberdeen and is open to talks about a contract extension ... even if it means signing for Aberdeen for the rest of his career! Good words, and the words I'm sure we all want to hear in what could well be the season that turns Aberdeen once and for all into a power-house in Scotland.

"These are exciting times to be an Aberdeen player, so I'm in no hurry to leave. I'm open to discussing a new contract and if it meant staying with Aberdeen for the rest of my career then fine."

Guest seanthesheep

That quote was in the P&J weeks ago m8. It seems nothing concrete yet and all speculation although i've a feeling the Sunderland rumour is gonna be true!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=keano-lands-%2Dpound%2D1m-russell-anderson%26method=full%26objectid=19362512%26siteid=66633-name_page.html

KEANO LANDS £1M RUSSELL ANDERSON

Dons ace in Sunderland deal

By Anthony Haggerty

ABERDEEN skipper Russell Anderson is set to seal a £1million move to Sunderland in the next 24 hours.

He and his agent, Blair Morgan, travelled south and were locked in contract talks at the Stadium of Light last night Sunderland's valuation of the player is acceptable to Aberdeen and Anderson is keen to move to the richest league in the world and advance his career.

He is gone  >:D

my suspicion all along in this saga has been that ando wants to stay - but the club is skinto. if it means landing 1 million or 1.5 million, that becomes the most we've received for a player, well, ever, i think. and goes a long way to balancing the books.

bottom line is, if the club wanted to keep him, he'd stay. 

now the BBC have joined in

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/6244320.stm

Aberdeen captain Russell Anderson may be ready to end his 11-year association with the club after opening talks with Premiership newcomers Sunderland.

The 28-year-old's agent, Blair Morgan, said the Scotland international defender was in talks with Sunderland boss Roy Keane over a £1m transfer.

"Russell has been given permission to talk to Sunderland," Morgan told the Scottish Sun newspaper.

"We are here for those meetings and we will see how it all progresses."

Anderson - who has nine Scotland caps - made his Aberdeen debut under former manager Roy Aitken in 1996 and has just finished his testimonial season at the club.

The Dons qualified for a Uefa Cup place for the first time in five seasons by virtue of last season's league placing.

Middlesbrough and Everton are also reportedly interested in taking the centre-half to the Premiership.