Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Exeter Fans Fund Striker Signing....Interesting

Exeter fans fund striker signing 

Exeter City fans have helped sign striker James Norwood after pledging to pay his wages.

The 19-year-old former England Schools frontman has been on trial with the Grecians in recent weeks and was officially signed on Sunday.

A branch of the Exeter City Supporters' Trust created a fund with the specific intention of signing players.

Members of the '19/31 Fund' will each pay £19 per month towards the cost of Norwood's wages.

Norwood previously plied his trade at Eastbourne Town.

The striker scored 96 goals in 54 games for both Eastbourne and England Schools and is highly rated by Exeter manager, Paul Tisdale.

He told the club's website: "It's a great opportunity for James, both to develop as a footballer at Exeter and to feed off the enthusiasm and support of those fans."

The Exeter City Supporters' Trust has been the club's majority shareholder for the past six years.

I wonder how many dons fans would agree to this if it meant securing the services of a class act we otherwise couldn't afford?  Also, I imagine the player would at least feel the compelled to score more than 50 goals in 10 seasons...

Paying for tickets and strips should be more than enough in my opinion.

Good effort from them though.

I agree.  However if we can't afford what we want we need to show a bit of creativity in raising funds.  Creativity....oho aye sorry, I forgot, WM couldnt make a success of a fish shop in Aberdeen, I'll sit down now.

I agree.  However if we can't afford what we want we need to show a bit of creativity in raising funds.  Creativity....oho aye sorry, I forgot, WM couldnt make a success of a fish shop in Aberdeen, I'll sit down now.

What the fuck has that got to do with anything? Are you K-9, by any chance?

fund-a-don didnt seem to be well organised, could have been far better if it had been.

Agree with the above. Wasn't there an auction for a place in a team to play a legends 11 that only the Fund a Don organisers and their mates knew about until the auction had finished. Thus minimising the layout they would have to pay to play against a legends 11, but also meaning that fuck all was raised.