Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Calderwood and the Rangers myth

I'm sick to death of the newspapers saying we disliked Calderwood because of the Rangers link. WTF? I don't know a single Dons fan who disliked JC because of his blue-nosed tendencies. The majority of the red army who disliked him did so because of his freakish tactics and his baffling team selections.

So it pissed me off to read Derek Young babbling on to the press about how McGhee will be accepted by the fans more than JC because Jimmy had links with Rangers. GTF Deek. If we hated Dons players and managers because of their Old Firm links, we would've hated players like Barry Nicholson and managers like Alex Ferguson. Get a grip, min. JC was disliked because of his own wrong-doings, not his football allegiance! :hammer:

I'm sick to death of the newspapers saying we disliked Calderwood because of the Rangers link. WTF? I don't know a single Dons fan who disliked JC because of his blue-nosed tendencies. The majority of the red army who disliked him did so because of his freakish tactics and his baffling team selections.

So it pissed me off to read Derek Young babbling on to the press about how McGhee will be accepted by the fans more than JC because Jimmy had links with Rangers. GTF Deek. If we hated Dons players and managers because of their Old Firm links, we would've hated players like Barry Nicholson and managers like Alex Ferguson. Get a grip, min. JC was disliked because of his own wrong-doings, not his football allegiance! :hammer:

Aye right, fat hun bastard was one of the main complaints on other forums.

Aye right, fat hun bastard was one of the main complaints on other forums.

but that only came out when people started to turn against him, it wasn't the reason they turned against him.  Pittodrie used to sing his name, we all knew where his true allegiance lay but folk still sang his name. That stopped because more people became disillusioned with him for a variety of reasons.

Indeed, BB. It wasn't that long ago that the red army used to sing choruses of "Oh Jimmy Jimmy". A sign of how frustrated the red army became with him when those choruses gradually died out.

A few chorusus of "Oh Jimmy Jimmy" broke out at the Hibs game. And to suggest that not one Dons fan hated him for being a Hun, thats nonsense.

Anyway, he's left now, move on.

Anderson left several years ago, move on.

Fergie left over 20 years ago, move on.

Why aren't we allowed to discuss past events, players and staff from Aberdeen's history, Dave? Isn't this what the "Aberdeen forum" on this site is about? Discussing everything related to Aberdeen?

A few chorusus of "Oh Jimmy Jimmy" broke out at the Hibs game. And to suggest that not one Dons fan hated him for being a Hun, thats nonsense.

Anyway, he's left now, move on.

And to suggest that the attitudes of a few is indicative of the whole support is also nonsense.

I'm sick to death of folk getting upset by what the newspapers have to say about us.  ;)

I can believe it. But it was one of our own players saying it, not the opinion of a hack.

And to suggest that the attitudes of a few is indicative of the whole support is also nonsense.

That's why I didn't suggest that?

Why aren't we allowed to discuss past events, players and staff from Aberdeen's history, Dave? Isn't this what the "Aberdeen forum" on this site is about? Discussing everything related to Aberdeen?

We are, but starting yet another thread about our now ex-manager is just getting a little tedius.

Aye,im well glad we got rid of that Sir Alex mannie.....hun bastard.. ::)

Didnt bother me to be honest aboot Jimmys past....what DID bother me was his `Big Kris`...`Wee Barry` shite he came out with in the papers etc....

But...as said already....hes offski.

Move on. :thumbsup:

Didnt bother me to be honest aboot Jimmys past....what DID bother me was his `Big Kris`...`Wee Barry` shite he came out with in the papers etc....

Nail squarely on head as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup:

The Rev Ian Paisley himself can become our next manager as far as I'm concerned, as long as he doesn't broon nose the Hun fraternity and brings us success on the park, so be it.

Aye,im well glad we got rid of that Sir Alex mannie.....hun bastard.. ::)

But...as said already....hes offski.

Move on. :thumbsup:

The "big kyle" comment after the cheating cunt had got mulgrew sent off really pissed me of.