Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jim McLean in bitter ramblings shocker

Only posting this so we can get stuck into Jim McLean:

WHY haven't Aberdeen appointed a new manager almost two weeks after getting rid of Jimmy Calderwood?

And while we're on the subject, what entitles Willie Miller to be the man in charge of leading the search? How successful was he when he was in charge of team matters at Pittodrie?

There might be more questions than answers where that topic of conversation is concerned but I have to be brutally honest and say I think Miller's position is a disgrace and a waste of money.

I couldn't believe Aberdeen got rid of Jimmy in the first place as it didn't sound to me like it was arrived at by mutual consent.

But if Miller thinks it was such a good idea why doesn't he take over as manager and run the team himself?

There's a lot of messing about being done with the club giving the impression that they're waiting to see if certain people they're interested in take jobs they really want elsewhere.

I've always believed that before you get rid of someone from the manager's office you should have secured the services of his successor.

In my day, I was tapped twice each by Hearts and Hibs while I was managing Dundee United.

I didn't go to either club but I knew they were going about their business in a way that would avoid the embarrassment of being left for a long period of time without a manager.

Who does he think should be appointing the manager?  The manager he says shouldn't have been sacked was appointed by Willie Miller, and look at Milne's disasterous managerial appointments.  

McLean is a bitter bastard whose teams struggled as soon as the backpass rule came in. Willie should have sorted him out at Dens Park in 88.

There might be a grain of truth in what the old cunt says though 2 weeks to get a new gaffer in is a shambles

A shambles? Have a word with yourself. Why is he not having a go at Celtic? they've been looking for more or less the same time and done it in public too.

I think that sacking Calderwood and not approaching a preferred candidate in parallel is shit. So I sort of agree.

However, that cunt is just bitter cause he was always the bridesmaid.

Up yi McLean, there was no New Firm. Just Aberdeen and everyone else.

They did approach their preferred candidate before JC walked.  If their preferred candidate doesn't want the job then there's not much they can do.

One of my sweetest moments in football was doing the conga round the United team bus, with McLean the only occupant, the day we relegated the bastards.

Sharpie, was that outside the golf club on the corner of Golf Road/Pittodrie St? McLean wasn't the only occupant at the time we were congoing, it was full of Utd players, but Jum got off the bus and told a copper to move us on!

Same incident Sooth min but the players hadn't come out when Jim had stormed off the bus. It looked as if he was waiting on his own in a huff. A bloke clambered on the bus to commiserate with sullen Jim and that is what ended his tether and he stormed off to get the police.

They did approach their preferred candidate before JC walked.  If their preferred candidate doesn't want the job then there's not much they can do.

Who was the preferred candidate BB?

And just in case there was any doubt, McLean is a silly old cunt with a such a fucking chip on his shoulder. Had a good season and STILL finish ahint the Dons, who sacked thier manager.

Yes, Roma got it spot on, never tire of that picture, fucking Smith getting it tight too! :thumbsup:

There might be a grain of truth in what the old cunt says though 2 weeks to get a new gaffer in is a shambles

I'd much rather we take 2, 3 or 4 weeks to get the man we want, rather than run out there and grab the first name that applies for the job. I mean, we're not Dundee Utd, afterall.

For all our Alex Millers, Roy Aitkens and Steve Patersons, they've had their own share of Craig Brewsters, Ian McCalls and Tommy McLeans.

McLean is just a bitter bitter old fucker who is jealous of the fact that, despite us having a shitter of a season with our worst team in five years, we STILL finished above what is probably the best Dundee Utd team of the past decade.

New Firm, my ass. Utd simply clung on to the majestic coat-tails of the mighty Aberdeen of the 80s.