Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Signing Target

Guest innesciver

Guest innesciver

Jimmy in EE:-

DONS' SECOND BONUS BALL!

12:00 - 18 June 2007

Calderwood has moved swiftly on to an alternative target after losing out on Dutch striker Robert Fik.

The Dons manager - who was in Spain last night watching Real Madrid beat Mallorca to clinch the Primera Liga title - refused to identify his latest target.

But he claimed he is confident he will get his man this time after seeing Fik opt to stay in Holland.

"Fik was going to be a bit of a bonus signing because we'd already used most of our budget to get in Jeffrey de Visscher, Lee Mair and Jackie McNamara," said Calderwood.

"But we have already picked out another bonus ball.

"I don't want to say too much at this stage other than he is more experienced and could play up front as well.

"I would like to get a deal done quickly, but I could also invite the player to join us during our pre-season build-up.

"We will just have to see how things progress."

Calderwood's reluctance to name the target has been influenced by the way Fik suddenly decided not to join the Dons.

"I'm sure Robert is going to regret that decision later in life," said

"I suspect our interest becoming known sparked attention from a few clubs in Holland. That is always a danger when agents are involved.

"It also bugs me that Robert didn't have the decency to call me personally to say the deal was off. He got his agent to call the club instead."

Reports today claim Dons skipper Russell Anderson will sign for Middlesbrough in a £1m deal by the end of the week.

But Calderwood - who was at Madrid's Bernabeu as a spectator with assistant Jimmy Nicholl to witness David Beckham's farewell game - insisted the Dons have still to receive an official approach from anyone.

He said: "I hope things stay that way because Russell is an important player to Aberdeen.

"We return for training next week and will get down to discussing a new contract with Russell soon after that.

"But the chance that another club might show an interest in him at some stage is a constant worry."

Guest innesciver

I would say both Hutchinson and Dublin are past it.  Maybe give us some experierence in terms of Europe but can't see them offerring anything else.  They would both expect a good wage too.