Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Another name for the hat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8073561.stm

Richardson interested in Dons job 

Richardson played over 60 times for the Dons in the early 1990s

Former Aberdeen midfielder Lee Richardson has confirmed to BBC Scotland that he is interested in the manager's job at Pittodrie.

The 40-year-old left his post as manager of English League Two club Chesterfield in early May after two seasons in charge.

"My CV is on its way to Aberdeen and they should receive it in the next couple of days," said Richardson.

"I am sure there'll be a lot of applications as it's a great job."

Richardson spent two seasons at the Dons from 1992 and was a member of the side that finished runners-up to Rangers in every domestic competition his first campaign.

After leaving the north-east, he went back to his native England but returned to Scotland for a brief spell at Livingston in 2000.

His next port of call was Chesterfield, where he eventually stepped up to the manager's position in April 2007.

But his contract was not renewed at the end of the season after the team was unable to make a promotion play-off spot.

Aberdeen director of football Willie Miller says the Dons are examining an "extensive list of quality candidates" for their managerial vacancy.

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee and Wigan assistant Eric Black, both former Dons strikers, are among the favourites to take over at Pittodrie.

Another former Dons striker, Dean Windass, has expressed an interest in a return to Pittodrie, but the club are unlikely to put their trust in a managerial novice, while Plymouth boss Paul Sturrock has been linked with a return to Scotland.

Picture the scene, Whelan as manager sitting in on the disciplinary for Kerr!

Not only that but can you imagine the ron atkinson effect on someone like aluko after his slur against desailly.  No No Please Please No

Paul Sturrock wouldn't be that bad would he?

Record is no worse than McGhee's.

I just don't think I could handle his interviews with the press.  The guy currently holds the world record for saying "And I'm saying..." 234 times in 2 minutes.  He's also got a strange fixation with Adidas Tango footballs (see 1990 Scottish Cup Final commentary)  ;)