Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ossie Ardiles

Ossie dreams of managing Aberdeen FC

... and he would take Villa as his No.2

By Sean Wallace  ???

Published: 29/05/2009

WORLD Cup winners Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa want to be Aberdeen FC’s new dream management team.

Former Spurs and Newcastle boss Ardiles has applied for the Aberdeen FC job and would take Villa as his No.2.

Ardiles will reject offers to manage in the Championship and in Egypt in a bid for the Pittodrie hotseat.

The 56-year-old was interviewed by Aberdeen FC in 1999 before Ebbe Skovdahl was appointed, but withdrew from the selection process to join Dynamo Zagreb.

Ardiles said: “I want to manage Aberdeen as they are a big, ambitious club.

“It would be an honour and a privilege to manage a team of that stature, who have won a European trophy.’’

Minimal quote criteria fulfilled.

Wasn't it Ardilles that got Swindle promoted to the original first division before they were relegated two divisions for financial irregularities including making illegal payment to their players? Thus giving them their nickname.

I think he also got the baggies promoted before going to Tottenham and playing formations such as 1-10 ;D, according to the guardian.

Couldn't tell you anything that he's done since then mind.

Personally I think it could be a great idea to give them the job.

More folk thru the turnstyles (at least to start with, then its upto the football of course)

Must have a lenghty worldwide contact list that makes JCs look like a car parking reciept

Should be able to use their own knowledge and understanding of the game to enhance our players

I say give it a shot

Personally I think it could be a great idea to give them the job.

More folk thru the turnstyles (at least to start with, then its upto the football of course)

Must have a lenghty worldwide contact list that makes JCs look like a car parking reciept

Should be able to use their own knowledge and understanding of the game to enhance our players

I say give it a shot

I say that's a terrible shout.