Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aluko and Langfield comment on " transfer requests"

Sone Aluko and Jamie Langfield have both contacted the club this afternoon to stress their disappointment with the headline in the Evening Express that both players threatened to quit following Sunday's announcement that the football management team was leaving Pittodrie.

Whilst it was an emotional time for everyone at Pittodrie on Sunday night, in particular the playing staff, both Sone and Jamie wanted to let the fans know that they will not be leaving the club.

Sone told RedWeb "I have two years of my contract left. I am very happy at the club. I have much to thank Jimmy Calderwood for. He has done a lot for my career. But he has gone and that is football. We all need to move on. I am looking forward to working with whoever takes over the manager's job. I want the fans to know I am not going anywhere."

RedWeb also spoke to Jamie this afternoon. "As I said to RedTV when I picked up the player of the year award I am very happy at Pittodrie. It really meant a lot the fans voted for me and I really appreciate the support they have given me.

"Jimmy Calderwood did a great job for Aberdeen and we were all shocked at the news on Sunday. However we must draw a line under it and start looking ahead to the new season. A season that includes European Football."

Is it true that it was JC who started this shite? It was him who told the papers they had put in transfer requests. Not sure how accurate it is, but it was suggested elsewhere JC said this in one of his newspaper interviews.

FFS Sake, JMG go!

Fucking fat, orange faced, ball juggling, tumbola turning, cup humiliating, dutch trialist shagging, press spouting fucklet of a fuck.

There I said it. Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease move on ?

Wait a wee minute here, it's an open forum, and do you honestly think it is ok for a former employee, and in particular one of his standing to be acting in such a way once he has left?  Had it been anyone else who had told this to the papers and I brought this up, you wouldn't have responded like that, so why do so because it's JC? It's bang out of order if he has said that to the press, and it is an "if", I only asked a question.  

Wait a wee minute here, it's an open forum, and do you honestly think it is ok for a former employee, and in particular one of his standing to be acting in such a way once he has left?  Had it been anyone else who had told this to the papers and I brought this up, you wouldn't have responded like that, so why do so because it's JC? It's bang out of order if he has said that to the press, and it is an "if", I only asked a question.  

If it was done by JC then Ajja's response in fair enough.

As he said, he's gone.

I'll hug you next time I see you mate. I was just having some fun  :-*  ;)

i doubt very much that Calderwood said this, it''s more than likely that a hater of Calderwood made this up.  I've not yet seen an articlewhere he said this, please send it to me if you have

JC in the daily retard today claiming it was only because he told the players not to leave that they withdrew the transfer requests that the players themselves are saying they did not make. Somebody is telling lies.

JC in the daily retard today claiming it was only because he told the players not to leave that they withdrew the transfer requests that the players themselves are saying they did not make. Somebody is telling lies.

I don't trust JC in the media and I don't trust the media (especially the Daily Ranger) with JC!

Doesn't matter anyway. Both are tied up on fairly decent term contracts. If they want to move, then someone's gonna have to pay a heck of a lot for players of the caliber of Sone and Langfield who, arguably, are now our most skilled players since Smith and Seve look to be goners.

When Jimmy started this chat about players leaving if he was sacked, the first thing that came to mind was the episode of the Office when David Brent is getting sacked and he is telling his boss he'll have a mutiny on his hands etc and everyone will leave. Brilliant.

I don't trust JC in the media and I don't trust the media (especially the Daily Ranger) with JC!

What's to trust or not trust. He isn't our manager anymore. His ability to do any damage is limited and to be honest he is just going to look embittered if he stirs it up. Forget him.