Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

2009 - 2010

Well, the foundations were rocked a bit today with the management team departing. Jimmy has left us with Europe and a fairly strong spine of a team for next season.

Surely we'd be looking at...

Miller  NEW

Aluko Kerr McDonald  NEW

Mulgrew Diamond NEW Foster

Langfield

Would be happy too see Maguire start with Miller from Day One next year provided we don't bring in someone better. I would also be rather pleased if Pawlett starts outside right from now on.

We're still needing experience at the back though.

Hopefully the new boss has been aware enough of the situation that he has been watching us and knows where we need improvement.

Europe also makes us a decent draw for any players coming in.

Thoughts?

I'm keen to see Pawlett and Paton becoming first team regulars. They have both looked like very exciting prospects, very comfortable with the ball at their feet and taking players on. If we can get a manager in who prefers that style of player then we might yet see some, dare I say, exciting football from Aberdeen next season.

Aside from that a solid defensive line has to be priority. Happy with our midfield options if we can keep Kerr and MacDonald fit with the afore mentioned flair players in the mix. If the frontline can develop with guys like Maguire next season then I'd say we are looking dapper.

As well as the management team leaving, we now have no captain.  Who will replace Severin?

On the basis of his performances against Hearts and Hibs (I wasn't at Ibrox), very few. The real Scott Severin was there for all to see and he has played like a real captain. Absolutely magnificent performances and a message to those (me included) that said his legs were gone.

Although, I still believe that Kerr/McDonald are a good partnership in the middle. Would rather see the funds that we do have, contribute towards other areas of the team, mainly right back and centre back.

I'm keen to see Pawlett and Paton becoming first team regulars. They have both looked like very exciting prospects, very comfortable with the ball at their feet and taking players on. If we can get a manager in who prefers that style of player then we might yet see some, dare I say, exciting football from Aberdeen next season.

I like this point, hopefully the new man will let the likes of Aluko have the freedom to play the game we know he can.  Calderwood was to eager to drop Aluko in away games and that made me angry.

On the basis of his performances against Hearts and Hibs (I wasn't at Ibrox), very few. The real Scott Severin was there for all to see and he has played like a real captain. Absolutely magnificent performances and a message to those (me included) that said his legs were gone.

You can't beat a bit of shop-windae fitba right enough  :thumbsup:

You can't beat a bit of shop-windae fitba right enough  :thumbsup:

Indeed, I would say that sums up Seve's recent performances, but fuck if I care, it helped us get back into Europe! :D

Anyway, As you mentioned earlier in the thread, I would like to see Pawlett and Paton establish themselves. I was chatting to TC about this yesterday, and we were both genuinely excited at their future prospects in our line up. I'd like to see them push on and eventually establish themselves as regulars. I'm glad JC blooded them, because the few youngsters he has nurtured have been pretty good, so fingers crossed their progress will continue. I would like a new CB alongside Zander and if Vidal manages to stay, I would be happy with him playing there as he has proved me wrong after a very shakey start.

I don't think we'll be getting in another striker as I don't think we'll be able to afford it and I'm happy with a Miller/Maguire partnership but a RM is a priority!