Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Player and goal of the season

Are

The Northsound / RedTV AFC official awards were dished out today. Northsound 1 and 2 Sports Presenter David Ridd did the honours and then spoke at length to both our winners.

The Northsound / RedTV Player of the Year, voted by the Aberdeen fans is Jamie Langfield. Mark Kerr was second. The big keeper was really chuffed when we told him he had won. After receiving his award Jamie sat down and told David "It was made extra special because it was voted for by the fans. It is the first time I have ever won an award at any of the clubs I have been at. I am absolutely delighted the fans have voted for me.

"It was great when I heard I was just on the list of possible winners. I said at the start of the season I wanted to be consistent all the way through the season and this is the icing on the cake.

"In previous seasons I was not as consistent as I should have been but I have got that in my game this year and it has been a major part in how I am playing at the moment. Fingers crossed I can keep it going on Sunday and take it into next season. It has been the best season in my career without a shadow of doubt. With the clean sheets as well it has been a really good season which I have enjoyed and hopefully we can cap it off with a win on Sunday.

"They say goalkeepers get better the more mature they get and I think that is happening with myself.

"Last season when I got dropped after the Bayern Munich game and was sitting on the bench for the Scottish Cup Semi Final it clicked that I needed to get my finger out. I knew if I wanted to stay at a club like Aberdeen I knew I had to get the consistency into my game. I also have a different attitude to what I had a couple of years ago, I am working harder and listen to what other people are telling me.

"The boys in front of me also deserve a lot of credit. The defence has done really well and I think we have on average only conceded a goal a game.

"I am very happy here at the club. I am so happy with my family life here, my kids are settled, we are all happy here. Instead of talking about leaving I would prefer to talk about extending my contact at Pittodrie. My family love this city. I believe if you are happy somewhere there is no point in going somewhere else just for extra money."

The Northsound / RedTV Goal of the Season winner was Darren Mackie for his volley against Hearts. He saw off some stiff competition as there were some cracking goals this year especially from Charlie Mulgrew. Darren's (volley) v Hearts 14th February 2009 was the winner with Charlie's 2nd goal (free kick) v Celtic on the 27th September 2008 second and Charlie' s 1st goal (passing move) v Celtic in the same game third in the voting.

Darren was also really pleased when David presented him with his trophy.

Does anyone have mackies goal?  Looked around online and cant find it.

Cant really argue with langfield.  I would go as far as to say he has been the best keeper in the SPL this season.  Certainly no one i would swap him for at the moment.  He should be given a contract extension in my opinion

Edit

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1223174

Positive noises from the keeper formerly known as clangers

Does anyone read the responses to stories on the EE website?

Fuck me they are terminally stupid!

There's one dude on there talking about "Premiership" moves. The cunt must be hallucinating.

Anyway very well done Clangers, well deserved. A very good season. :thumbsup:

Mackie's goal against them was a worthy winner, I didn't think it was the best but a great goal. :thumbsup: