I feel ‘cheated’, says Calderwood

RAGING Aberdeen FC boss Jimmy Calderwood today ripped into Hearts rival Csaba Laszlo.

Calderwood admitted he ‘feels cheated’ by the way Laszlo’s side secured a crucial 0-0 draw at Pittodrie.

The two men had to be separated at the final whistle after an ugly encounter which included Hearts picking up their 11th red card of the campaign after defender Marius Zaliukas was sent off for kicking Aberdeen FC striker Chris Maguire.

When asked if his tussle with Laszlo was caused by the frustration of seeing the Dons blow a golden chance to cut the points gap on Hearts, Calderwood replied: “I feel a lot more than frustrated.

“I feel cheated and doubt if there is a Scottish manager who would put his team out to play like Hearts did.

“We all want to qualify for Europe but there’s ways of doing things.’’

“I would go mad if some of my players fell about like some of their lot did.

“I was disgusted by some of the stuff that my lads had to put up with.

“The Hearts players were rolling about trying to get people booked and waste time.

“I’ve fined players in the past for diving, even when they’ve won a free-kick or penalty.

“Bruno Aguiar would certainly have got hammered for rolling off the pitch and back on in one incident.

“It was a total disgrace and has no place in football. If that’s the way Hearts want to play and get success then so be it.

“If that’s the stuff that Hearts fans are happy to pay to watch then good luck to them as well. We have good reason to be raging after what went on.â€

When asked why he thought Hearts seemed so keen to spoil the game, Calderwood said: “A lack of Scottish blood?

“It’s a foreign thing. “When I was a player we would have sorted it out ourselves, but times have changed.â€

Calderwood also took a swipe at referee Stephen Finnie for failing to take a firmer line with the Tynecastle side’s players.

Calderwood said: “The referee is the one who has to stop that sort of stuff.

“I told him and the fourth official that Hearts were making a fool of them, but they did nothing about it.

“They took the mickey out of them at every goal-kick, free-kick and throw-in. It was so blatant it was unbelievable.

“I don’t blame teams for wasting time a bit at the end of games, when you are hanging on for a draw or a win.

“But Hearts started doing it after two or three minutes and never stopped.

“The ref added only two minutes to the first half. I reckon it should have been nearer to eight.

“He tried to make amends by adding five minutes on at the end. But there were six substitutions made and countless other stoppages.

“If you take those off, he only really added on about two minutes, which was nowhere near enough.

“It’s a joke and short-changed the fans. What they got was something that would drive people away from football.â€

Meanwhile, Hearts boss Laszlo accused Calderwood of showing his players a lack of respect.

The Aberdeen manager’s comments about the way Hearts behaved at Pittodrie have upset the Hungarian.

Laszlo said: “This is unfair.

“If you lose points at home against Hearts you must explain to the public why you lost them.

“Maybe this is what my colleague was doing.

“We played within the football rules.

“I had a very bad time because we lost two games but I respect my opponent.

“If you respect your opponent, you don’t talk badly about him, and if you don’t respect him you never win the game.

“Maybe last night was too painful for them.â€

Nice one JC.

Petulant and racist.

:hammer:

Far aboot's Lee Miller fae again? He got a Lithuanian Uncle or something that we don't know about?

Hearts may be a cheating, time-wasting disgrace, but if we'd scored one of the chances we made no one would be giving a flying fuck.

We might even have indulged in a bit of time-wasting ourselves, no? Which would have been cheered from the rafters.

Dick.

Nice one JC.

Petulant and racist.

Far aboot's Lee Miller fae again? He got a Lithuanian Uncle or something that we don't know about?

Hearts may be a cheating, time-wasting disgrace, but if we'd scored one of the chances we made no one would be giving a flying fuck.

We might even have indulged in a bit of time-wasting ourselves, no? Which would have been cheered from the rafters.

Dick.

Xenophobic, if i'm not mistaken  8)

Nice one JC.

Petulant and racist.

Dick.

Where was the racism?

He has a rihgt to severely fucking pissed off after last nights game.

2 things stand out for me in this article

“I’ve fined players in the past for diving, even when they’ve won a free-kick or penalty.

Aye right, think we might have heard about that.  Typical  JC righteous indignation, making things up to back  his case.  We did not not win the game simply because hearts were time wasting, it was because we lacked a cutting edge

If you respect your opponent, you don’t talk badly about him, and if you don’t respect him you never win the game

If you say so csaba.  respect is earnt not doled out just because your the opponent.  Man up and admit you were delighted with a draw, and did what you had to do to get it. 

2 things stand out for me in this article

Aye right, think we might have heard about that.  Typical  JC righteous indignation, making things up to back  his case.  We did not not win the game simply because hearts were time wasting, it was because we lacked a cutting edge

If you say so csaba.  respect is earnt not doled out just because your the opponent.  Man up and admit you were delighted with a draw, and did what you had to do to get it. 

2 things stand out for me in this post.

Why would we have heard about it?

How do you know he's making it up?

Some folk don't even need a reason to pile in to Calderwood, they make reasons up for themselves.

Jesus wept. 

Whether it was nail biting or not, a "must win" game that ended 0-0 against 10 men falls into the "I feel cheated" or "grinded out" catagories for me.

Don't understand how someone who wasn't at the game and possibly hasn't even seen any highlights can come to that conclusion but fair enough that's your opinion.

Don't understand how someone who wasn't at the game and possibly hasn't even seen any highlights can come to that conclusion but fair enough that's your opinion.

Listen I've stood by JC from the start but I'm getting sick and fed up of these broken promises and empty words from him and his staff.

Beating Hearts with the season they had may well have been a tall ask.  Granted we were at home and by all accounts (no I haven't seen any of the game) we were unlucky not to have won it.

But we've not done enough in the last umpteen games (what we up to now, a dozen or so now on the trot without a win?) and that's where I feel cheated.  When we beat Hearts at Xmas then nailed the Tims we should have taken that as the incentive and kicked on from there.  We didn't and so for him to be crying in the press that he feels cheated over 90 minutes is very much a dose of his own medicine if you ask me.

New Beechams Bitter Pill - Now in Sour Grape flavour!

2 things stand out for me in this post.

Why would we have heard about it?

How do you know he's making it up?

Some folk don't even need a reason to pile in to Calderwood, they make reasons up for themselves.

Jesus wept. 

why would we have heard about it?  Cos JC would have talked about it in the press for sure if he had, no way he would have kept something like that quiet.  Of course, this is my opinion but given how much he gobs off in the press its not exactly unfounded. 

As for not needing a reason to pile in on folk you might want to take a wee look in the mirror there TF

Those in glass houses and all that

Listen I've stood by JC from the start but I'm getting sick and fed up of these broken promises and empty words from him and his staff.

Beating Hearts with the season they had may well have been a tall ask.  Granted we were at home and by all accounts (no I haven't seen any of the game) we were unlucky not to have won it.

But we've not done enough in the last umpteen games (what we up to now, a dozen or so now on the trot without a win?) and that's where I feel cheated.  When we beat Hearts at Xmas then nailed the Tims we should have taken that as the incentive and kicked on from there.  We didn't and so for him to be crying in the press that he feels cheated over 90 minutes is very much a dose of his own medicine if you ask me.

New Beechams Bitter Pill - Now in Sour Grape flavour!

Last win was four games ago against Caley Thistle - 1-0.

Since we beat Celtic on the 18th of Janurary, we have played 14 games in the league. Two of these were wins - against Hamilton (1-0 at home) and said Caley Thistle game. 8 were draws and 4 losses. Too many draws has cost us dear and failure to really beat any of the teams around us (see - Hearts, Dundee United, Hibs).

I don't know quite know how you can say it is a 'dose of his own medicine' if you didn't actually see the game. Do Aberdeen time-waste, cheat, clobber and get away with murder like Hearts did?

Hearts were a disgrace - the teams actions, so called 'honest hard working professionals' (see - Robbie Neilson, Bruno Aguiar), the rolling around, time wasting, taking a jumbo jet size run-up to every thrown in, Marius Zaliukas etc etc. The list goes on and on.

I'm not just talking about the Hearts game per se.

I've felt cheated since the cup exit.  Two wins against Hamilton and Caley, 8 draws and 4 losses since mid-January aren't even making me reach for the radio on a Saturday any more.  It's like we've only been given half a season and we're just going through the motions.

I feel cheated.

Now he knows how I feel.

Not that difficult to understand is it?