Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: Buddies bid to make Mair a Saint

ABERDEEN FC defender Lee Mair has been linked with a summer move to St Mirren.

Aberdeen FC have put talks with Mair on hold until they know if they will be playing in Europe next season.

Mair has already confirmed his agent has spoken to other clubs because he is keen to get his future sorted out.

St Mirren are reported to be one of those aiming to get Mair on a free transfer.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen FC are considering offers to go on pre-season trips to Austria, Italy or England.

But manager Jimmy Calderwood admitted he has been unable to get their plans finalised because they don’t know how long their summer break will be.

“It all hangs on whether we qualify for Europe and at what stage we would enter the qualifiers,†said the Aberdeen FC boss.

If Aberdeen FC finish fourth in the SPL, they are likely to return to training on June 21 because the first Europa League qualifiers are on July 16.

But if they are third and Rangers win the Scottish Cup, they won’t play any Euro qualifiers until mid-August.

Calderwood said: “We’ve had offers to play games in Austria or Italy. I’m also keen to spend a week in England and play games there.

“But we probably won’t be able to sort anything out until the end of next month.â€

An offer to go on tour to Dallas fell through.

Fuck nightmare leaving, pre-season sounds like fun!

Pretty funny how the mair story has been totally bypassed by the pre-season tour here.

Shows how much people care about Lee Mair.

He is a dandy but just isn't up to the standard that folk want to see playing for us I guess.

I don't mind Lee Mair at centre half. Wouldn't be my first pick or anything like that, but I think he's a good squad player to have. In saying that, if he left, can't say I'd be too bothered.

Pretty funny how the mair story has been totally bypassed by the pre-season tour here.

He is a dandy but just isn't up to the standard that folk want to see playing for us I guess.

Lee Mair - decent enough back-up. Wouldn't mind him staying on a bit longer, or being replaced by a similar defender.

Pre-season = European tour no matter what! Can't see me going over for more than a day or two this time though. 7 days just to see us play Vitesse seems a bit extreme.

Personally, I think he's ok at CB and provides decent cover. Just JC plays him at RB and he has a mare.

Im highly cynical we are going to make europe so i dont see the point on the extra travelling costs of going away for pre season.  If calderwood is still in charge next season we will have a shite start.  we could go play pre season in heaven and bring jesus back as our new star striker and we would still have a shite start to the season.

Mair is a good squad player and i dont think we should let him go on a whim.  Add the fact that seve is probably offski's and we are starting to look thin on the ground for defensive options

Italy's fucking magic.

Although I doubt I'd choose to spend my holidays there watching pre-season Dons games.

That is quite frankly my idea of hell - it's bad enough watching them during the season never mind meaningless friendlies

Summer is for tennis and cricket and bbqs and beaches  ;D

Ye's have it the wrong way round, my dear. Summer is the best time to watch the Dons!

Foreign locations, hot weather, nice lager, pretty foreign girls, warm beaches... you don't even need to worry about the results!

A foggy bbq at yer mates in Cove and getting blasted by wind and rain on Aberdeen beach is my idea of hell!

There's only 2 or three games anyway and it's a good way to see countries and areas of countries you wouldn't usually pick to go to on holiday. Trying to avoid the Globe Reds is a fairly new pre-season phenomenon that unfortunately is getting more difficult. It's just like when Ibiza started getting invaded by lager louts - spoilt it for everybody else.

Except when you are heading into a housing estate in Dunfermline and they point the correct way.