Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EE: Miller - We can finish thrid

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1156376

LEE Miller insists Aberdeen FC can still overhaul Hearts in the race for third place in the SPL.

Aberdeen FC now trail Hearts by seven points, but Miller is refusing to give up hope of catching the Edinburgh side.

The striker returned to the side for the 1-1 draw at Motherwell after more than a month sidelined with a hamstring injury.

He said: “We need to keep pushing for third or fourth, although there is pressure on every game now.

“Caley Thistle have to come to Pittodrie this weekend and hopefully we can get three points.

“You never know what could happen, because everyone is beating everyone else this season.

“We are capable of beating anyone, including the Old Firm, as we have shown.

“There are a lot of teams fighting for places from third to sixth, but it is in our own hands.â€

and the other story in the EE talks about Zander possibly being out for a month

ABERDEEN FC fear injured defender Zander Diamond could be out for a month.

Diamond missed Saturday’s SPL draw at Motherwell because of an ankle injury suffered in training.

Diamond had problems with the same ankle earlier in the season.

Manager Jimmy Calderwood said: “Zander was out for four weeks the last time he got the injury, so we are concerned.

“We are waiting to see how he responds to treatment over the next few days.â€

Darren Mackie and Tommy Wright also missed out at Fir Park but are expected to face Inverness Caley on Saturday.

Guest ally s

I don't like being negative about our chances but I fear 3rd place is out of our reach now.  We're not playing too well but still managing grind out draws, Hearts aren't playing particularly well either but have a knack of sneaking victory when their rivals drop points.

I think we'll edge Dundee Utd, Hibs, and Motherwell in the race for 4th place.

Aye, that ship has sailed I think.

In fairness and much as it hurts me to say this, the LSC seem to have got their shit together the last couple of months, and deserve to be clear in third. Somehow can't see them letting that slip now :(

Indeed.

But the LSC have not really had an implosion this season. It really is overdue . . . .  ;D

Unfortunately I think Mad Vlad is too busy planning to run for the Lithuanian presidency to start interfering with the running of hearts  :(

No danger we're finishing third.  On current displays cant see us finishing 4th either.  I also have a really horrible feeling about he game on saturday, ICT are bouncing at the moment.  Add to that its going to be a small crowd and that they will not have forgotten that they didnt turn up the last time we played them.  All in it doesnt bode well  :(

No danger we're finishing third.  On current displays cant see us finishing 4th either.  I also have a really horrible feeling about he game on saturday, ICT are bouncing at the moment.  Add to that its going to be a small crowd and that they will not have forgotten that they didnt turn up the last time we played them.  All in it doesnt bode well  :(

What he said.

Unfortunately I think Mad Vlad is too busy planning to run for the Lithuanian presidency to start interfering with the running of hearts  :(

Was he not kicked oot of the running for that.

Might have missed it, but did something happen to Kuanus to get them relegated in their domestic set up  ???

They are getting results at home but they were not bouncing against Falkrirk in their last game away. I wouldn't assume anything about how this game will go.

I think its pretty hard to disagree with what tlg1903 says, but who knows which Aberdeen team will turn up. You never know, might actually see us score two goals :D

Obviously missed the bit where Mackie and Wright are fit for a return, don't think the caley jags will be bricking it with that news. 3rd is probably long gone sadly and I've lost the will to care less of late

I've not believed it for some time - as my bet with Jager shows.

I'm all for an air of positivism and optimism emanating from Pittodrie - I just wish the play backed up the words.

Or as the banner said - "All Talk, No Bottle"

My thoughts exactly. Lets just hope they actually take these words and believe it themselves! COME ON YOU REDS!

Personally, I felt our chances of third or thrid were gone after we drew with St Midden :(

The same ICT that took it dry off Falkirk. No worries, we'll do them. :thumbsup: