Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons fight to keep starlet

From SkySportsNews

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5126565,00.html

Aberdeen are hopeful of keeping highly-rated youngster Fraser Fyvie at Pittodrie.

A host of clubs in England are thought to be tracking the 16-year-old as they look to lure him away from Aberdeen.

The talented midfielder has captained Scotland at schoolboy level and has also represented his country on the Under 17 arena.

Fyvie is tipped for a big future in the game and Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood is considering promoting him to his senior squad next season if he stays at Aberdeen.

"We hope Fraser will choose to remain with us because I'm sure it would be better for him in the long run," Calderwood told the Aberdeen Evening Express.

"I've already spoken to Fraser and made it clear how highly we rate him.

"If Fraser comes in full-time this summer he will start training with the first team immediately.

"He is a man in a boy's body, the lad has so much potential it's hard to see him do anything but succeed as a professional.

"It was expected other clubs would show an interest as well because Fraser has done so well playing for Scotland.

"It's likely he is going to be left with a tough decision to make.

"But it would be a real shame if Fraser didn't finish up at Pittodrie.

"He will be offered the chance to rise up through the ranks quickly here.

"I don't know if that would be the case at some other clubs.

"When we've spoken, my gut instinct has always been that Fraser will choose Pittodrie and I hope I'm proved right."

At least that sounds like there is something positive about Pittodrie! The fact that other clubs are interested in one of our youth players shows the club is going in the right direction in that department. Hopefully he'll sign a pro contract this summer and will actually fulfil the potential it is claimed he has!  :thumbsup:

From SkySportsNews

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5126565,00.html

At least that sounds like there is something positive about Pittodrie! The fact that other clubs are interested in one of our youth players shows the club is going in the right direction in that department. Hopefully he'll sign a pro contract this summer and will actually fulfil the potential it is claimed he has!  :thumbsup:

I'm not so confident. In the EE there was an added part where it says his family have asked for more time to speak to other teams etc.

I'm not so confident. In the EE there was an added part where it says his family have asked for more time to speak to other teams etc.

A guy on MAD claimed that the club hadn't met his requirements with regards to the contract initially, however have since done so and apparently is as good as signed. So you are correct, he'll be off then  :-\ But that aside, I think I am more pleased to hear that we are actually producing players that other clubs down south want etc....just a bit of positivity. As I said, hopefully he'll sign, just have to wait and see.

Probably could do without the EE reporters banging on his mother's door badgering her for a quote.

I heard Real Madrid, AC Milan, Barcelona, Chelsea, and Man Utd have all been in contact with the Fyvies. Oh and the Irish FA have also been round with 12 sacks of tatties offering to tarmac their drive if he pledges his international future to them.

April Fools! (Well apart from the Irish FA bit  ;D)

Seriously though hope this lad signs on and gets his chance, having a new Jess* come through would be a huge boost for the support.

*fingers crossed, no pressure ;)

Call me a cynical auld bastard if you like....plenty have before ;)

But similarities with Bagshaw   ;)

Anyone actually watched the boy play yet  ???

Ach BigAl you cynical Auld Bastard ;)

Was going to ask the same thing though, Sweetchuck seems to know about our youth a fair bit.

Call me a cynical auld bastard if you like....plenty have before ;)

But similarities with Bagshaw   ;)

Anyone actually watched the boy play yet  ???

He played with the Gothenburg Greats against the Paul Lawrie Select at half time in the Man Utd game in the summer. :thumbsup:

He was alright from what you saw in a 5 minute game...

A guy on MAD claimed that the club hadn't met his requirements with regards to the contract initially, however have since done so and apparently is as good as signed. So you are correct, he'll be off then  :-\ But that aside, I think I am more pleased to hear that we are actually producing players that other clubs down south want etc....just a bit of positivity. As I said, hopefully he'll sign, just have to wait and see.

Ah ok. Well I suppsoe MAD is as good a source as the EE ;)

But seriously as you say good news if it is as good as signed and good news that people are at least looking at our youngsters. Can't see why the fuck anyone would rather go to Reading anyway.