Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dropped To The Bench.

Isn't it about time some of the constant non-performing players were given some time on the sidelines instead of a constant berth and a few extra quid in the hipper each week?

Seems no matter how shite you're playing or how lackluster your performance the only thing that'll keep you off the park is a few choice words to the management team.

I don't care about "flying in training", I couldn't give a toss if there's injury woes, paper thin squad won't cut it either.  It's about time players were fighting to get on the park and showing some fucking gile once they're on there.

Hit them in the pocket where it hurts!

Isn't it about time some of the constant non-performing players were given some time on the sidelines instead of a constant berth and a few extra quid in the hipper each week?

That's about 8 or 9 players though.  I can't see the youth squad suddenly being used when we are pushing for 3rd/4th in the league (although it could be argued why not give them a go!).

Seems no matter how shite you're playing or how lackluster your performance the only thing that'll keep you off the park is a few choice words to the management team.

I don't care about "flying in training", I couldn't give a toss if there's injury woes, paper thin squad won't cut it either.  It's about time players were fighting to get on the park and showing some fucking gile once they're on there.

I've never thought about it like that before, but I wonder if that's why "Jimmy's Favourites" always get a game despite dips in form etc.?

If the club are giving out performance related contracts, but possibly the players are being offered better basic elsewhere, could Jimmy be taking them to one side and saying something like:

"Look son, sign the contract I'll make sure you get all the bonuses linked to your contract, no matter what!"?

Or have I been taking conspiracy lessons from the Tims?

Can't disagree with the sentiment here at all but unfortunately it appears that there are certain players that JC just doesn't trust enough, and most of them seem to be the youngsters. Could also add in Tommy Wright to that and Touzani and JDV before they left.  The flip side of the coin would be that he has blind faith when it comes to certain "senior" players regardless of form or their inability to complete the basics properly and while 3rd place is still on, I just can't see him changing any of that.

Considering we need (and maybe Jimmy needs) a very good finish to the season I can see our better players dropped. Yeah they have their bad games but there also the players that will get us into the Europa malarky. If Jimmy decides this is the time to field youth players then he must and bigger balls that something with notorious big balls.

I cant think of much young players Jimmy has actually played or played regularly (except Derek and Darren)

I know what you're saying and I pretty much agree to an extent but is it right to say drop Severin?? Who replace him?? 

Personally I shouted for the fucker to go back to Hearts when he missed his pen coz he was balls all night but saying that he could put in a shift on Saturday that helps us beat Hibs, my point being we dont have strenght in depth to drop someone that one their day is a magic player, let alone drop 4,5,6 or 7

it appears that there are certain players that JC just doesn't trust enough, and most of them seem to be the youngsters. Could also add in Tommy Wright to that and Touzani and JDV before they left. 

I don't think it's that he doesn't trust players, but more to do with another of Jimmy's faults, over-analysing opponents. 

He seems to often pick players for certain games as he feels that player would do better in a particular role (think Touzani in Europe last year, Aluko playing more home games than away), or to cancel what he perceives a threat from our opponents (matching up an opponents formation, usually 4-5-1).

Now I know every manager does this, pick certain players to suit specific games, but I think Jimmy does this way too much.

I know what you're saying and I pretty much agree to an extent but is it right to say drop Severin?? Who replace him?? 

Personally I shouted for the fucker to go back to Hearts when he missed his pen coz he was balls all night but saying that he could put in a shift on Saturday that helps us beat Hibs, my point being we dont have strenght in depth to drop someone that one their day is a magic player, let alone drop 4,5,6 or 7

Dropping at least one to the bench after a shite performance would be a start and send a clear message.

Seve hasn't been 'a magic player' on 'one of his days' for so long I'm beginning to wonder if he ever was.

You think young lads looking to make an impression would put in performances like last Wednesday night?

Well to be honest, I don't think any youngster would. Did we not field a fair few youngsters in a final game against Smeltic a few years back (Stewart and Maguire combined well that day I recall). Obviously it can go either way, they either have a stormer or an absolute 'mare of a game. But I think its getting to the stage where the squad needs to be freshened up to give people an opportunity to bring new ideas to the table, because clearly the current XI as a whole are not clicking and not fighting for each other (a few players apart obviously).

Well to be honest, I don't think any youngster would. Did we not field a fair few youngsters in a final game against Smeltic a few years back (Stewart and Maguire combined well that day I recall). Obviously it can go either way, they either have a stormer or an absolute 'mare of a game. But I think its getting to the stage where the squad needs to be freshened up to give people an opportunity to bring new ideas to the table, because clearly the current XI as a whole are not clicking and not fighting for each other (a few players apart obviously).

Of course it could go horribly wrong but I'd rather we went down fighting rather than just going through the motions.

Of course it could go horribly wrong but I'd rather we went down fighting rather than just going through the motions.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I think it needs to be done. Cos our team are lacking everything at the moment. At least we'd get a chance to see what the youth would be like in the first team.