Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Poll: Time for Jimmy Calderwood to leave?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After another very dissapointing cup defeat against lower league opposition, is it now time for Jimmy to go?

Personally, I think he should be resign - not just because of this defeat, though. It seems like he has taken us as far as we can go, and we should be thankful for what he has achieved in his time here. But we simply are not going to progress with him as manager, in my opinion.

Why is there no "wait till the end of the season and reevaluate his position" option?

Because, regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season, he has shown he has taken the club as far as he can.

Well, actually I didn't make the poll so I am giving my opinion rather than answering the question  :thumbsup:

cos this is the time for witch hunts and linch mobs!!!

Stop sitting on the fence ye pansy - join the JMG mob!!!  ;)

For me it's not a witch hunt Jager (for others on here it may be). As I said last night I don't think he is an arse or a prick, I don't even think he is useless. The way Dunfermline went down and we went up when he came to us shows he has qualities. Sadly I just think he has taken us as far as he can.

For me it's not a witch hunt Jager (for others on here it may be). As I said last night I don't think he is an arse or a prick, I don't even think he is useless. The way Dunfermline went down and we went up when he came to us shows he has qualities. Sadly I just think he has taken us as far as he can.

He has brought us stability and turned us into mediocrity (which is obviously a great step considering where we were). But the next obvious problem is that I and many of us don't think he can take us to that next required step. To a final and/or winning a trophy. The progress that we made under him has flat lined and the fact that he still comes out with the same excuses/reasons/bewilderment everytime we play lesser or lower league opposition I think proves this. It is something he should have worked out by now. Lord knows we've had enough cup upsets.

He has brought us stability and turned us into mediocrity (which is obviously a great step considering where we were). But the next obvious problem is that I and many of us don't think he can take us to that next required step. To a final and/or winning a trophy. The progress that we made under him has flat lined and the fact that he still comes out with the same excuses/reasons/bewilderment everytime we play lesser or lower league opposition I think proves this. It is something he should have worked out by now. Lord knows we've had enough cup upsets.

Exactly. And the longer we go on with this the harder it will be when the change comes, to bring in a new manager, new players etc. We keep hearing Aberdeen are a "big club". What exactly does that mean. Are we still entitled to consider ourselves one? How much longer can we if the answer to the last question is yes.

Calderwood was on the radio today saying all he could say was sorry. That's not good enough anymore. I do believe he is sorry, I saw him interviewed after the game and I would say, from the colour of the whites of his eyes, he had been in tears.

Time for a change. Jimmy brought us up from where we were, for that thanks, but it's now time to move on.

Calderwood was on the radio today saying all he could say was sorry. That's not good enough anymore. I do believe he is sorry, I saw him interviewed after the game and I would say, from the colour of the whites of his eyes, he had been in tears.

Time for a change. Jimmy brought us up from where we were, for that thanks, but it's now time to move on.

Agree with you both, especially highlighted parts.

I voted, "He should do the decent thing and resign". I don't think he will though.