Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Setanta event at Pittodrie (from footymad)

Some interesting stuff to read  :thumbsup:

I hope some people take note of the bit regarding wages.  If there's anything that f*cks me off about modern football it's fans not understanding how little money there is in the SPL.

Poor fishing ST.

The German docs sorted Booth out.

Dunno like, booth was injured an awfull lot when paterson was in charge and he made his mind up not to offer booth a new contract.  Booth was technically still an aberdeen player when JC took over but since he didnt get new deal can only assume JC agreed with paterson.

The comments regarding money should bring it home to all the folk that think "we deserve better". We deserve what we can afford. Blue Square Premier League players for £21 entrance money per week    :-[

Its fucking depressing when you put it like that! I think its a well established fact that the SPL is a vastly overated league in terms of entrance. It is one of the few leagues where you pay a ridiculous amount of money for very little entertainment/value for money. Just curious, why did we sell the rights to a catering company for the food? One thing though, surely lower the cost would increase the amount of people attending games, and therefore in the club shop? I know we've had this debate a billion times before but I don't think I ever found out why we sold the franchise for the catering?

Its fucking depressing when you put it like that! I think its a well established fact that the SPL is a vastly overated league in terms of entrance. It is one of the few leagues where you pay a ridiculous amount of money for very little entertainment/value for money. Just curious, why did we sell the rights to a catering company for the food? One thing though, surely lower the cost would increase the amount of people attending games, and therefore in the club shop? I know we've had this debate a billion times before but I don't think I ever found out why we sold the franchise for the catering?

It reduces risk.

Was it not done by Burkinshaw during the Paterson years? Crowds were dwindling and it means a sure income every month?

I don't think it's such a good idea now that things are going alot better?

I've also wondered what the script was with regards to the burger van that often pops up at big games at the back of the South Stand? They're food is always about a thousand times better than what you get from the pie stand.

I know.  I was taking the piss out of those who usually trot out that line as their solution to how we can make money.  :thumbsup:

if the catering company was making more money wouldn't AFC charge them more for the contract?  say the catering company was making £100,000 profit a year and AFC charged them £50,000, if the caterer's profit went up to £200,000 might AFC then charge £100,000 for the next contract?  please note figures are for sake of argument, i have no idea how many pies are sold and i have no idea how much AFC charge and i also have no idea how long the contract is for.